I recently tried to order an item from the Moto Guzzi store online. I live in the UK and found that I was unable to complete the purchase as the electronic storefront wouldn’t accept my address. I contacted MG Customer Services explaining the issue. Their response was as follows:
"Thank you for reaching out to us.
Regarding your request, we can inform you that we can only ship to the selectable countries on our website, unfortunately the UK is not possible.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance, always quoting the ticket number as mentioned above.
Kind regards,
Moto Guzzi Customer Service"
Whilst I grasp that the UK has been Brexitised, I find it odd that Moto Guzzi, who sell their machines here, exclude UK residents from making purchases via their online platform. Odd or am I missing something?
I should imagine that it is down to the fact that all goods are not equal and the cost+bureaucracy of shipping their merch is not as commercially viable as is the case for their vehicles. I could guess, too, that the enterprise which sells goods through their online store is not the same as the one which sells motorcycles. Yes, Brexitised. Not to make a political point of it, simply a commercial one.
I have seen a lot of official MG products for sale on Ebay. I bought a centerstand and engine bars through there and I could tell they were definitely genuine because the instructions were utterly useless!
I’ve just put an item in the basket from the moto guzzi online shop (based in germany apparently) and it will let me submit order if I use an irish address.
shipping costs lower than uk but tax added 23% I didn’t complete the order but seems it does accept the address.
Be thankful you don’t live in Northern Ireland because a lot of GB companies won’t ship here either. Fortunately, because I have friends down south, the Brexit Bureaucracy is actually less of a problem than getting stuff from GB. The downside is that we have a 20% VAT rate and theirs is 23%. The upside is that the Euro is worth less than Sterling.