Moto Guzzi Travellers Tales

I like reading travel books and articles. Nothing wrong with vicarious adventure!
Nick Adams Canadian and UK travels featured in Real Classic and his books are very good.
Melissa Holbrook Pierson’s books are pretty good too. Just the one on her travels by Guzzi.

Came across this today. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/wanganui-chronicle/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503426&objectid=11927226
Any other interesting Guzzi travel stories you’ve seen?
Have fun
Steve

Rebuilding the Indian by Fred Haefele, maybe not for everyone but I liked it, if you’ve ever built a bike from bits then you will maybe understand what this blokes journey was like building the Indian from parts + his life journey at the time.

Thanks for that.
It’s added to my ever growing list!
Steve

Impressed with the Griso back to NZ story, we should get him to do a story for the mag! Top marks that man

+1 Great story
Steve

But why didn’t he just take the headlamp bulb out?

Not on a Guzzi but, if you like motorbike travel stories you are bound to enjoy “One Man Caravan”. The adventures of Robert Edison Fulton Jr, who rode around the world in the early 1930s on a Douglas. Most of his luggage in a suitcase strapped to his handlebars !
It makes Ewan McGregor and Charlie Borman’s journey look like a walk in the park ( which it was, given the amount of support they had ).

Highly recommended.

I have that book, grand read, Fulton accidentally talked himself into the trip

+1 Also worth checking out the Fulton family business in transport and turism.
Great read
Steve

Horizons unlimited has some excellent travel stories both 2 wheels powered and un powered and four wheels, plus lots of useful advice

+1 and they run great events too.
Steve

I think one of mine is on there some where
Zen and the art of motorcycle touring

In Clancy’s Boots by Geoff Hill , where using the original diaries (and boots ) of Carl Stearns Clancy ,the author re-traces the first round the world motorcycle journey on a Henderson four in 1912/13 . I can recommend all of Geoff Hills books, a good writer with a great sense of humour.
Bit early,but Happy Christmas to all our readers .
Cheers.

Great read.
Happy Xmas to you too Ray.
Steve

[quote="
I think one of mine is on there some where
Zen and the art of motorcycle touring[/quote]
The book that keeps on giving.
Read it every once in a while and notice soemthing new every time.
Steve

The book that keeps on giving.
Read it every once in a while and notice soemthing new every time.
Steve[/quote]

A tricky read. I’ve picked it up three times and finished it twice. Not sure I would put myself through the experience again.