moto guzzi V11

talk to me about these, pitfalls common ailments, what they are like,

anyone know about this one

Moto guzzi V11

Checkout www.v11lemans.com that year (2002) has the wrinkle paint on engine cases that flake,reg/rectifier can fail outer needle bearing in rear drive corrode and fail lower eye on rear shock can dry out and crack.

Make sure the gearbox is up to scratch, spares are hard to come by.G.

I decided not to Pursue this one, struggled to get more pictures and information, from the seller,

And I think on reflection I want something on carbs, that’s between my LM2 and breva, more classic than that, despite it looking good, thanks for everyone’s help!

There is someone Tim Hicks knows selling a V11 …I have the le mans had NO issues at all the gearbox is unbelievably smooth and 6 speeds the grunt is also real nice I really like the V11 Sport/Le Mans send a PM to Hook nose hicks the guy was looking for circa £2700 Tim tells me it is in VGC well worth a look.

To be fair just about any Guzzi may have “issues” depending on many things…who owned it , where it was kept who serviced it.

[QUOTE=guzzibear] There is someone Tim Hicks knows selling a V11 …I have the le mans had NO issues at all the gearbox is unbelievably smooth and 6 speeds the grunt is also real nice I really like the V11 Sport/Le Mans send a PM to Hook nose hicks the guy was looking for circa £2700 Tim tells me it is in VGC well worth a look.
Â
To be fair just about any Guzzi may have “issues” depending on many things…who owned it , where it was kept who serviced it.[/QUOTE]

I was more put off by the seller than any potential issues, but despite it looking great, I think I want something older, or I will not use it, as I will just use the breva, so I will look for something up to mid to late eighties!

Wasn’t it the V11 Sport Carb model that had no cush drive at all in the drive chain, which could result in gearbox problems?

1100 sport carb, as distinct from v11, had the occasionally dodgy box.

Thanks.