My first V85. Neutral issue?

Previously had Japanese Kawis and Suzukis.
Love the ride and really makes me smile.
I have already booked in with Gary Plympton to get my grios done and looking forward to my Scotand trip coming up.
Just one thing i was hoping someone may be able to help with? I find it difficult at times to select neutral? Not sure if its a querk or an adjustment or an issue?
Not experienced it on amy of my other bikes, so taking it isnt down to me lol
Any help would be appreciated and very pleased to be here , Tonybrode
Moved post on recommendation of other forum member, so that others may share in answers, Thanks Tonybrode Thanks for all the info already found on this cracking forum

Does this happen when cold or warm?

Tends to be after a few miles ride, more than not.

That tends to be the gear oil getting “thin” as it warms up it is less viscous I think as my bike does the same sort of thing, sometime just rolling forward slightly from standstill allows you to select neutral (a pain I know).

Of course there are other things that can cause this sort of issue

Appreciated

My wife and I have one each, ours became a right pain queuing for the Chunnel and waiting to pay on the toll roads, I eventually figured out it was an adjustment problem. Just a tweek on the handlebar adjusters sorted it out. I wished I’d realised earlier, or even that the PDI had been done properly!

Ill take a look at that, Thanks for your time.

Mine won’t select neutral when cold. I’m used to snicking all my previous bikes into neutral as I’m coasting to a stop, it’s always been easier than trying to do it once static - not so on the V85, especially when cold, it just won’t go into neutral until it’s stopped.
I also get problems changing up, usually 2nd to 3rd , I click up and it stays in 2nd and needs another kick to find 3rd. I need to check the oil and work on my technique!

As mentioned above, the clutch can adjust itself to your detriment! That’s the only time I’ve had issues with neutral.

Hi. I have had issues since new when hot. I rode to the factory last summer and most days it was a problem especially when in a massive traffic jam at 38C on the Milan Ring road. I had changed the gearbox oil to Redline Heavy Shock Proof before the trip as a possible cure as I had previously used this on the Stelvio. I check with Redlines technical department in America that it was OK to use after hearing it was recommended for Harley Davidson gearboxes. Unfortunately both on the Stelvio and the V85TT it seemed to make little difference. I turns out the solution was closer to home. On my return last summer I changed to Millers Motorsport CRX 75w140 NT+ and whilst I haven’t tested it to Italy and back this time it seems to have done the trick and I can get neutral both hot and cold.