My V50 progress

Last month I bought a “Baby blue” metal hued V 50II with ghastly vinyl “gofaster stripes” on the petrol tank…

I decided to make it better looking - and here is my Progress so far![/IMG]

Hi lasse

you seem to be the most recent of many with that idea, good luck and keep updating

Phil

\

There’s a few of us V50 modders out there

Just wait & see!
In the pipeline, there are no less than 36 changes…
Revised carb.positioning - a very naughty exhausts system - much revised handlebars - to mention some of the more radical Things.
(some minor changes are just - a hem - minor, did you e.g. recognize the headlight were moved downwards by 7 centimeter?)

Well it’ll look pretty but no chance of it moving along the road any quicker…sorry xxx

Really?
Got me wondering now,
Steve

Looking good and great that you’re sharing progress; something I’m not too good at
Have you inverted the headlamp brackets to drop the light? Looks natural with the bars.
Looking forward to further instalments.
All the best
Steve

To Guzzibear:
Why are you so obsessed about killing yourself?
I guess, that for me, around 170 Kmph. will be more than enough.
Just came back from a 1366 kilometers drive in the foothills of Himalaya, with “Blazing Trails Tours” - driving sturdy 500 cc R.E.s - on these terrible roads, a modern sportsbike would have survived maybe one or two days!
TWISTY ROADS TAKE ON A NEW MEANING HERE - BECAUSE FOR EACH KILOMETER THERE ARE AS AVERAGE 25 BENDS - WHICH MEANS WE HAVE BENN NEGOTIATING MORE THE 30.000 BENDS…
I have been riding motorcycles for the most of 50 years, and have had my share of highspeeds!

Hi Lasse
Do you find that Motorcycling and speed are relative issues? 159kph on a straight autoroute/motorway is very different to the same speed on the roads you describe
I’m finding that I get more enjoyment from the quality of the miles ridden in a day than the quantity
All the best
Steve

Hm. - I have 5 different “Vintage bikes” - all of them unfaired - so sitting bolt up in the Wind!
Thats why I rarely go over 100 Kmph…
I love to potter around on small roads, with lots of bends - and on 50 year old motorcycles, even 90 to 100 Kmph feels fast.
On modern superbikes, its another story - because first gear easily bring you into the border of “lost my license” territory - and besides that, a 200 Bhp superbike only comes alive at stupid velocities.
So while driving, you are devided between doing two Things: To constantly beeing on the look for Coppers - and/or trying to stay alive, by braking just enough, before negotiating next(unknown) corner.

A 200bhp superbike probably never uses half of that power anyway.

Just noticed the ‘rat-trap’ footrests.