Nevada hazard lights

Hi all, I recently purchased a Nevada and am surprised to find no hazard warning switch.
Is this normal on 2016 reg Nevada, or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance,
Bob

My ‘22 v7 has no hazard either.

Wow! Not much hope for mine then!
Cheers

I purchased some round LED warning beacons, battery operated, for when I tour with my friends who have old bikes
leaving hazards on seems to the the domain of idle car drivers, thinking it allows them to park, on the small battery fitted to your machine, its going to be flat inside 20 minutes
the magnetic warning lights have AA cells and run for 3 hours
much safer and easier if you break down, chuck one on the bike and one on the roadway

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitgo-Flashlight-Emergency-Vehicles-Magnetic/dp/B0924DZYZ5/ref=sr_1_8_sspa?crid=226PF5BOUTBJL&keywords=battery%2Bwarning%2Bbeacons&qid=1695305656&sprefix=batteyr%2Bwarning%2Bbeacons%2Caps%2C398&sr=8-8-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&th=1

1 Like

Good idea for touring. I was just very surprised to find that my bike wasn’t fitted with them as I thought it was mandatory. Wrong again :roll_eyes:

I think with cars it was 96, but motorcycles, coming in from different countries and of different engine sizes tend to display some unusual quirks in the way of technology
given the size of the rear indicators and height, the vast majority of SUV and 4WD morons coming up behind would not see them any way
I prefer a beacon, and a high vis jacket, plus Scotch tape on the side and rear of my panniers, oh and getting the hell out of the way
you can also buy flares, the European Police lay those in the road in the event of an accident , we bought some in Belgium after seeing the police mark the scene of an accident with them, used them in Holland when a crash occurred in fog, we filtered through and parked well out of the way, then chucked a few back along the road, the Police were Ok about it
you can also get packs of Cylumes cheaply
same sort of thing, especially for E.T impressions after a few drinks !!

Thanks a lot for all the answers and information given.
Bob

1 Like