New Group Formed

A new group is being formed in North Lincolnshire,which will take the form of a series of informal weekend ‘ride-ins’ to various locations in Lincolnshire over the summer months. The aim is to meet up at a different venue each month, giving a variety of routes to destinations, such as pubs, cafes, fish & chip runs to the seaside. Meeting times will be between 2 and 4pm on the 3rd Saturday of each month from July. However, the first meeting is scheduled for the second Saturday in June (the 12th), as the 3rd Saturday in June clashes with the Italian Motorbike show at East Kirkby Aviation Centre. Due to Covid, we are having to be flexible and are still trying to arrange suitable venues, but if you wish to be informed, please contact Paul Morris - preferably by email at monzaboy@gmx.com or alternatively on 07939 297774.

Just found out that the Italian motorbike show at East Kirkby has been rescheduled to 21 August, so we’ll start on 3rd Saturday in June - the 19th. Details of venue to follow.

Hi Paul,

Good luck with the group, I hope a lot of our Lincs. members will will take up this opportunity to meet up and visit places around Lincolnshire.

Please let me know of which venues you choose so I can put them on the Branches page of the Club Website as well. Maybe even with a picture of your ‘inaugural’ meeting.

Cheers Uki
webofficer@motoguzziclub.co.uk

Hello fellow Lincolnshire Guzzisti!

I am setting up a North Lincolnshire Branch to arrange informal ‘ride-ins’ to different venues – initially, during the summer – on the 3rd Saturday afternoon, of each month, between 2 and 4pm. The intention is for our ride-ins to complement neighbouring groups in Newark and Spalding, who meet in the week, and give everyone in the Lincolnshire and surrounding areas a good opportunity/excuse to take a trip out at the weekend and meet up with fellow Moto Guzzi riders. It will be entirely informal and loosely organised with the minimum of bureaucracy.

I’ve arranged for our inaugural ride-in to take place on SATURDAY 19th JUNE 2-4pm at THE MARROWBONE AND CLEAVER pub in KIRMINGTON, ‘the centre of t’universe’ and an appropriate place with motorcycling connections. See their website: https://www.marrowboneandcleaver.com for directions. There is ample seating space outside and whilst they intend to be serving food, Sally Martin, the landlady, suggests that it would be best for those who want food to book a table inside. To give Sally and her staff fair warning, I’d appreciate it if you could email me within a week of the date if you intend to come, so I can give her a rough idea of numbers.

If people like the idea, I’m planning to vary the meeting venue each month, to include cafes, fish and chip runs to the seaside and any other interesting places in the county. That way we see a different place each time and enjoy a different route. I’m open to ideas from the membership, so sing out if you have any suggestions, or we can discuss it on the 19th.

I will be putting notifications of the meets on the Forum.

Looking forward to meeting you at Kirmington and seeing some interesting motorbikes, for once – South Willingham is getting dull, with all those UJM nuclear-powered sportsters!

Regards,

Paul Morris
monzaboy@gmx.com

Hi Paul,

I have put the venue and date of your Inaugural Meeting on the Branches page of the Club Forum.

Good luck with your 1st Meeting

Uki

Good luck with the group. Come and visit us in the North and East Yorks when we get back up and running.

Hope you have a Good day on Saturday your 1st of many Meet-ups From the Danum Branch.

Hello All, the first meeting at the Marrowbone & Cleaver pub in Kirmington went well, with good weather and around 12 people turning up; a few others expressed an interest but couldn’t make it. The next ride-in is on Saturday 17 July 2-4pm at the Sea View Cafe in Sea View car park, just north of the main promenade. Access is via an uphill ramp on the junction of Golf Road and Quebec Road, OS 1:50,000 Map 122-Skegness Area, grid ref:506856. It is a 5 minute walk into town for fish & chips! See you there,
Monzaboy

Of course, it would be a good idea if I were to include the town - Mablethorpe