New Member Buckinghamshire

Hi there. We ( Grumly and Reets ) don’t yet have a Guzzi but we are looking for something like an early Cali. Have a Kawasaki z900rs but want something more characterful and comfy for our retirement adventures. Always been an Italian bike lover since our Jota which we honeymooned on through France 41 years ago.

welcome !
hope you find what your looking for soon
(guess it depends on how much you want to pay!)
recommend a t3 calI ( had mine 42 years) fun +soul= long term relationship!
plus there as, if not more reliable than the new bikes!
best of luck!

Welcome to the world of Guzzi.
I’ve never owned a T3California, but have heard the dual buddy seat isn’t the best for two up riding. Try before you buy maybe best. I have an early California 3 and the Mrs finds the pillion excellent on that.
MH2304-2795-(ZF-1534-88367-1-001) by Don West, on Flickr

yup the cali 3 seat is comfy! the t3 one is cosy!- reckon it depends on who your popping on the pillion, size, age, gender, and any other factors you might think of! just remember cali 3 flat and comfy- t3 sloped and cosy!
Crikey you might have two buy 2 bikes!

Welcome, well there’s a funny thing, I have just sold my V7 Stone and bought a Kawasaki z650rs which suits me better. The V7 was too heavy for me. Good luck looking for a bike :grin:

Saw four Cali’s and met some really nice people at the Guzzi meet at Gaydon who let me sit on their bikes and gave Reets and myself loads of advice and information, a huge thank you to you all. Best seat for me was the 2010 classic but I think a bit more research and thought is needed.

1 Like

Just to say this fell into our ownership from a wonderfully eccentric owner who had a parrot on his shoulder the whole time, even when driving to his old garage in his car. Checked the engine oil ( and that some was in the bevel ) and then 110miles in a couple of dryish days as a shakedown before it goes into Baldrick next week. Wanted to ride it to see what doesn’t work or what would break … and nothing has.

Wonderful gorgeous characterful engine and seems so quiet, fuels perfectly and ooodles of lovely torque.
Handles well with newish adjustable Hagons.
So easy for my wife to get on/off (unlike just about every 2up alternative we have tried )
Superbly comfortable for both of us when thudding along ( well only for up to an hour or so to date )
Has been pickled in the damp and dust so we started cleaning it, the picture hides a 1000 spots of rust on the chrome .

So a proper HELLO from us.
Grumly and Reets

PS no I don’t wear a crown on my helmet, just my awful photography.

2 Likes

think yourself lucky! :joy: most of us have chrome on our rust! :grin:

2 Likes

It looks great from 10 yards or more so if we pass another classic Guzzi I will have to ride onto the pavement to keep the required distance and its going to get lonely at any Guzzi events :grinning: In reality its planned for it to shoulder a lot miles I/we cover on bikes most years, so its never going to be an immaculate example of a classic bike. But ( going by the mileages you see on older Calis ) I do get the impression that’s not unusual in the Guzzi world and, for me, that’s a good thing.

1 Like

luckily Baldrick is outside Mayor Khans money making zone, but watch you dont ride through it, if you need to ride it in London you can have it tested and exempted at a couple of places in London ( for a fee)
nice looking motorcycle, I hope the panniers came with it ?

Yes we have 40L H&B’s that cleaned up nicely and seem to clip on just fine, need to get a couple of keys cut but found a place that should do it. I am hoping to find some 30L that fit as these are a bit wide for day to day use but we will see.

Yes we had worked out we can’t take this one into the ULEZ zone but thanks for the warning. I think my wife found out last night the test is £175 and they rarely ever fail a motorcycle!

1 Like

oddly Bristol, the city filled with dreadlocked workshy hipsters, has also introduced clean air regulations
however motorcycles are exempt, so the Mayor their has a bit more savvy than the bojo/karnt trio