New member from Suffolk

Hi new member living in Suffolk. Just bought a sorry looking Le Mans 1000 with the intention to do a complete restoration.I am not too new to bikes nor working on them - I seem to end up spannering each of the bikes I have had and am seeking some advice on the best manual to buy for the Le Mans 1000 mkIV - something that has relatively detailed technical info, sufficient to build a bike back up from its collective parts. I have a fair bit of engineering background but need the drawings and technical data to get it right.

2 Likes

Welcome @Sandancer! Good luck with the restoration! Hopefully a model-specific expert will be along, but in the time being, you might find ‘Guzziology’ by Dave Richardson helpful (for Guzzis generally). Available from Guzzi spares outlets, and also in ‘reader’ format. HTH!

2 Likes

Thanks Barry
I will certainly look into this as well in addition to any specific info that may be available.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, there is not a Suffolk branch of the club at the moment but you are welcome to visit us here in Essex. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Chris. Many thanks.
Where in Essex do the members meet?
This is the first Guzzi I have worked on - though far from the first bike restoration I will have done - but each marque has its own quirks and weaknesses. I have a lot to learn on Guzzi’s so it could be useful to get to know a few local members.
Best regards
Steve

1 Like

Hello Steve, we meet at a different place each month, so that we are nearer some but a decent ride for others. The meeting in May is at Battlesbridge on 21st. The list of meeting places is here

Hope to see you soon.

Best wishes Chris

1 Like

Great bikes. I have a late LMV with the “big valve” motor and CR gearbox.
This may help with the search for a manual Tonti frames - Moto Guzzi - Topics - Gregory Bender

1 Like