New member in Newcastle

Bought my new (ex demo) to me V7 850 Stone last Thursday.

Its a retirement present to myself, and a stablemate to my FJR 1300.

My first Guzzi, and I’m absolutely loving it :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

welcome to the forum, @Woody! we’ve a good number of happy V7 850 owners in the club, so if you have any questions or info to share, you’re in good company (o:

Welcome Woody

Welcome. :+1: I also have a V7 850, the Special, glad you loving it. Have you come new to it from Japanese stock? I only mention it as I think it’s very Japanese-like in terms of ‘feel’, and I’m comparing to older MG’s that I’ve had. It’s very different from those, yet retains that inline V-twin thing.
:grin:

1 Like

I’ve had Japanese bikes throughout when I was younger, with the exception of a Triumph T140V.

I came back to bikes 8 years ago, and have had 3 FJR 1300’s since then. The FJR is superb at what it was built for, but is a bit like riding an intercontinental ballistic missile with no soul.

It’s nowhere near comparable to the V7, that feels like a proper old bike with plenty of character and soul. It reminds me a lot like my old Triumph.

Ive had it 5 weeks and unfortunately was away 2 weeks on holiday (without the bike), and I’ve done 1000 miles in the 3 weeks I’ve been able to ride it.

I absolutely love it and it’s got me grinning from ear to ear.

3 Likes

A V7 is a big change from an FJR. Glad you are enjoying it

Is that the Newcastle of the North or the Staffordshire one? Or even Australia?
I’m close to the Staffordshire ome.
Steve

Geordieland :ok_hand:

South Tyneside, Marsden?

Close - Jarrow :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the fold!
Once youve had time to adjust to the new bike you will find that guzzi ownership is a kind if insidious sickness! Thoughts such as “well ive got used to the new bike real easy so maybe? i could cope with an older classic one” start to creep in to your mind!.
Dont what to load up your opinions but its fair to say for many owners there bikes dont stay lonely in there shed for long! just saying! :joy: :crazy_face:
stay safe!
Steve

1 Like

My V7 has already done that to me :rofl:

But it already has a friend in the garage, my FJR1300, which will be for my two up rides with wor lass :ok_hand:

Unless she takes a fancy to the Mandello :thinking:

Guzzis can have japanese friends! :smiling_face: but they prefer other Italian lovers!!! :heart_eyes: :blush:!