New member in Nottinghamshire

Hi new ish member here. I have been involved with Moto Guzzi’s on and off for a few years and thought it would be nice to meet other owners riders so joined this club. Hoping to get to a local meeting or two over the summer. I own a 1980 Spada which i have had for a few years although not been far on it for a while, just ride out on sunny days. My collection has recently accidentally grown since i traced the T5 i used to ride back in the 80s and managed to buy it back. This was a bike i properly fell in love with. Its the one with the 18’ back wheel, revised forks/geometry etc… As yet i have to get it going… Hoping its as pleasurable as i remember it being back then. Anyway looking forward to meeting some of you Guzzi folk this year.

3 Likes

welcome, Adam!

Welcome Adam. The Spada Got me hooked on Guzzis. I was working for a dealer and we took one in second hand. So easy to work on.

Hi Adam, and welcome to the club. Do you really have an 18’ back wheel, or is it 18” ? :wink:

Hi Adam,
Welcome to the Club.
The Notts & Derby Branch is very active (used to be ours before we moved to sunnier climes :upside_down_face:)
Here are the details of the meetings: Notts and Derby | Moto Guzzi Club GB

Cheers Uki

1 Like

Thanks Barry, apologies for delayed reply

1 Like

Yes I do like my Spada - you’re right very easy to work on. I enjoy tinkering on the carb guzzi models. Never had an injection model…

Erm - would make for an interesting combination!

1 Like

Thanks Uki, hope to make the next Lord Ted meeting in July - where did you move too?

Hi @Adam Adam,
we moved to France into the Pyrenees on the Mediteranian side. Lovely empty mountain roads (apart from August when half of France comes on their holidays), not wanting to mention the sunshine. Haven’t seen a drop of rain for a month.

Cheers Uki