New Member in Somerset

Hi, just joined the club a year after having bought my V7 850 Stone.

I’ve been riding for most of the last 35 odd years and had a variety of bikes but mainly Ducatis of various types for the last 20, with a Pan 1100 and a Cali 1100i thrown in there too. I always loved the engine on the Cali but couldn’t be doing with the very upright riding position and it’s amazing thirst for Go-go juice! However, after restoring, enjoying and eventually selling a Ducati 175 TS single last year, I finally found myself in the fortunate position to be able to afford a new/nearly new bike for the very first time.

I ruled out a Bonneville, as my better half who also rides occasionally, found she struggled to get it upright off the side-stand and then test ride an a RE Interceptor 650, a V7 mk3 and an 850 almost back to back, the decision was made! No contest, especially when I was lucky enough to find a private sale of an 850 on my doorstep which was only 6 weeks old and had just 271 miles on it, at a grand off the price of a new one.

I have to say I think that this is probably the best all-rounder that I’ve ever owned and the more I ride it the less I want to get off it!

5 Likes

Welcome and congrats! I had the same reaction after test riding back to back with the Royal Enfield, no contest. Glad you are enjoying the new bike. Post a pic soon!

Welcome to the Club! You made a good choice. :+1:

Your wish is my command :smile: