New member Kenny

Hello there. New member here, Kenny from southern Ireland. Have owned an 1000SP for 30 plus years and an T3 for about 10 years. I attended the Moto Guzzi GB annual meet when it came to Ireland (Inchigeelagh, West Cork) ) but that was a long time ago!

By the way, How does one view other members bikes in the virtual garage?

3 Likes

Welcome, Kenny. 1000SP here, too, and now a T3 (Cali). Good stuff, eh?

Good question about the Virtual Garage - I added my pictures when I signed up after the (recent) site makeover, but never thought to look. Far as I can tell, you can’t see the whole line-up as a single page… but maybe the @Webofficer knows some tricks (o;

1 Like

Thanks Barry for the Welcome reply.

2 Likes

Welcome from Scotland Kenny. Not much activity here on the forum, but saw your post thanks to the welcome new feature of an email reminding of recent posts on here :wink: I had no idea the rally had ever made it to Co. Cork… :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks Banquo. Me and the SP got to Scotland 4 times Ă nd each time we had fab weather for the week. What are the chances of that !!!

2 Likes

Welcome Kenny . Long term guzzi ownership there!

1 Like

Thank you Horton 916.
A long time ago, I built a Kwacker Z900, lots of trick bits including reinforcing the frame to curb frame flex at high speeds. A lot of time and effort went into it and just as I finished it, I spotted this SP that was dressed up like a Le Mans. Up to this time, I had never looked at a Guzzi but something stirred… Sold the Kwacker and bought the Guzzi. I had never ridden one before and as I headed into my first fast right hander, I dropped a gear as I would do on the Kwacker. It must have been some sight from behind, my arse out of the saddle, my head over the front wheel and heading fast for the ditch…all because of not matching engine speed to wheel speed, the rear wheel locked up due to the downshift. I made it thru but never made that mistake again - I can tell you!!!

2 Likes

That is a real “slipper clutch”…when you first find out why your underwear gets to be called “skiddies”.

PS: the “clutch” bit applies to your sphincter, not an assembly on the bike…

Hi Kenny,
There is an Italian bike owners club meet which is quite well attended by Guzzi owners at the NI meets. There are 3 meets in south too, Kerry, Galway and Dublin.

if you search for “Belfast Guzzi” in Facebook there are photos and dates there.

1 Like

Welcome Kenny. Good choice of Guzzi. We get a few Irish Guzzisti visiting the club stand at Stafford in April and October. Obviously people of good taste​:+1::it::motorcycle: