New member near Evesham

Evening all,
I have just joined, I have my wonderful 1996 Centauro in yellow. Bought it last year off an old boy up north who kept it in his front room, it has done just over 3500 miles from new!
I have done a few upgrades to it since having it, moved the oil cooler up, belly pan, pods instead of huge air filter and waiting for a Creedon chip to arrive. Looking forward to meeting a few of you.
Does anyone on here live local to me??

5 Likes

Yep. Try Koti Autotali at Chipping Campden.

I’m there now and again. V100 and 900SS owner.

Were you at the Red Kite rally?

1 Like

I go to Koti often.
No what is the Red Kite rally mate?
I have only just joined.

1 Like

The Red Kite is a rally by the Welsh contingent…this year was at Hay-on-Wye, there was a bike very similar to yours there…

2 Likes

I live down by Prestbury park… one of my daughters lives up your way, the other in Worcester, the three Counties group meet up near to you
I tend to avoid coffee shops and places with hipsters in them !!
I prefer a country pub, one that the yuppies and AirBnB lot do not know about
Will look out for you
Wd do have a weekly pub meet up on Wednesday, however the usual suspects have mobbed it, and started to attract attention from the locals and the forces of law an order, so most of us stay clear of the noisy devils
nice bike, not seen one for a long while

Don’t forget to upgrade the oil pump. If you can’t get an engineer to put a bush between the shaft and the casting DAS in Germany sell them. Enjoy, lovely bikes, took mine to Mandello last year.

2 Likes

Hi Ray,
The bike has only done 3500 miles, is it needed at that mileage?

The oil pump was made with the driveshaft running in the cast casing without any bush, ball bearing or phosphor bronze, so after a few miles it CAN start to run out off true which CAN wreck all the timing gear and usually the rest of the engine too. Joe Caruso does a really lovely set of replacement timing gears too but I do think they are unnecessary. I replaced mine almost immediately, similar to yours it had done 14k when I bought it and been in a garage for the last few years so it was a chance I wasn’t willing to take. I have the DAS pump installed, if you know an engineer it’s not a difficult job for someone with a milling machine.

BTW, there’s a YouTube video on how to service and tune V10’s by an Aussie bloke called Mike. It has most of what you’ll ever need to know.

1 Like

I have an Italian chap, who services and fixes my machine, also a race marshall, and has restored many fine motorcycles
might be worth paying him to do the lot, then you an enjoy riding it

Last thought, make sure the right hand tank badge is stuck on properly, they all fall off and are now unavailable. TJM in Holland have most of the other spares and will sell via fleabay which often doesn’t attract extra charges.

I have already sourced and fitted one of these Ray, it is secured with glue as well as the sticky pad! :smile:

Re the oil pump, I put the 1100 cali pump, sprockets, timing chain and an aftermarket tensioner in about 3yrs ago all Good :+1:
Timing gears and pump that I took out looked like new, (20,000 miles ish)

1 Like

The other common mod for the Centauro was to fit a transil diode in the circuit to protect the ECU.
Info here from the Centauro Owners Group

If you want one then ping me as I have one with instructions and no longer have a Centauro.
Cheers
Gordon

Hi Gordon,
How much do you want for the diode?

Just send your postal addr to me at gordon_dlm AT Yahoo.com and I will post it to you when getback from riding in the giro di california I don’t want anything for it just supporting a centauro owner.

That is very kind of you thanks Gordon