New Year Ride for a Beer

Celebrate the New Year with a gentle ride on your favourite Guzzi!

**Date change: **
21st January 2024 at 11:00.

Apologies, to the early viewers. Have put back to the 21st January so as not to clash with a local event along the route.

Rendezvous Point is McDonald’s in Spalding PE12 6JP or join in en route.

Route heads east to Wisbech then to Peterborough for refreshment at The Botolph Arms. Circuit is about 80 miles start to finish.

Map of route:

All welcome.

As previously, weather permitting.

1 Like

Are we expecting a last minute rush? :rofl:

As the date approached, the forecast was for strong winds. Some parts of the country had yellow weather warning in place. Oh no, will the ride have to be cancelled? No way!

The morning looked good, it was dull with cloud cover but it wasn’t too cold nor too wet and the wind wasn’t blowing a gale as predicted. So let’s go!

Rode up to the usual RVP a little early. A few minutes after arrival was met with new riding friend Graham on his Bobber and EddieH on his Breva. It’s looking promising. Three machines now set off from Peterborough by way of Newborough, Peakirk, Deeping St Nicholas to Spalding and meet up with Alan and his Cali T3.
We head east to Holbeach and then the Fen roads to Sutton St James, Tydd St Mary’s, Wisbech, Elm, Friday Bridge, Coldham and Hobbs Lot Bridge to pick up the A605 for Whittlesey and Peterborough. That wind warning was very evident in the exposed places of the route. The beauty of the Fens is well matched by the lack of protection. Through Whittlesey and into Peterborough to stop at the Botolph Arms for that earned pint. On arrival at the pub there were signs of it being closed. Window curtains drawn and lo the doors locked. Never mind next door to the Gordon Arms.

After a very pleasant natter amongst riding friends over a pint and a coffee for one on a ‘dry January’, we dispersed our own way.

Now to spend Monday cleaning the machine!

1 Like

I had no response to this ride apart from Eddie. However I saw a post he had made about going to the motorcycle show in London on the same day. I then wrote on the Lincs facebook page I was rearranging the ride when the weather improves as I wasn’t going to ride on my own. If I had known there were riders turning up I’d have been there.

The RoSPA ride to Excel is tomorrow, but I have almost decided to do another ride instead. I had nothing planned for today.