Next Meeting

Hello All,
The second meeting at Mablethorpe was a great success - around 30 bikes, I reckon. Thanks to all who turned out. The 3rd meeting will be on Saturday 21 August 2-4pm at the Outback Bar (run by Australian Frank from Sheffield), Sea Dyke Way (Main A1031 road through the village), Marshchapel, Lincolnshire, DN36 5SX. Perfect weather will be arranged, yet again! Please could you email me if you intend to come, just to give Frank a rough idea of numbers.
Cheers,
monzaboy@gmx.com

Hello All,

The next ride-in will be on Saturday 18th September, 2-4pm, at Rachel’s Cafe, Hagworthingham, PE23 4AA - a bit further South to give you N Lincs riders a bit more of a ride. The cafe has plenty of hardstanding and seats inside and out and is a good old traditional roadside cafe. It lies 300yards East of Hagworthingham on the A158 Skegness road (South side). Unfortunately, I will not be there, but have a great time anyway!

As ever, please fwd to any prospective members! Also, have a think about other venues and whether you’d want to continue meetings over the winter months, either the standard ride-ins at a changing destination or maybe just one standard venue for ease?

Cheers,

monzaboy@gmx.com

Hi,
I’ve not managed any meetings yet mainly due to me forgetting to look on here or me doing other stuff, but i presume there will be a meeting in October and November ?
December is usually a busy month for most folks and January to a degree. February has generally been mild in recent years, as has March and April.
I guess a lot depends on how many people keep their bikes on the road over winter and also the opening hours of venues which may be reduced over winter. Personally I will only be reluctant to take the bike out when the roads are wet and I know the gritters have been out for a few nights on the trot. On the plus side a steady ride out in the winter months is good for the soul.

Cheers,
Martyn

Hello fellow Guzzisti!

Thanks to all who could make Rachel’s cafe last month - I think that it was a popular venue. This month we are continuing on the cafe theme, with the next ride-in at the Barney Heritage Centre cafe on the 3rd saturday as usual - a bit more central this time.
Station Yard
Station Road
Bardney
Lincolnshire
LN3 5UF

The centre is just on the East side of the bridge over the Witham, with a decent parking area and plenty of in- and outdoor seating. The owner is really friendly and also hosts a regular Triumph club meet (poor, misguided souls, but at least they’ve got the right number of cylinders!). I’ve even applied for decent weather!

Hope to see you there, whether on yr Moto Guzzi (other two-wheeled modes of transport are acceptable) or even 4 wheels. As ever, plse forward to friends and other MG groups.

Monzaboy

Thanks to all who could make Bardney heritage Centre cafe last month - we had around 20 bikes or so and some prospective Guzzi Club members too. The cafe was a nice place, central for all and Barry, the owner was very friendly. Initially I didn’t plan for any winter meets but the consensus seemed to be that folk would appreciate them so let’s continue and hope that our luck with the weather holds out! If not, feel free to come on 4 wheels if you don’t want to get your bike dirty.

So if you don’t mind, let’s continue to meet at Bardney throughout the winter months - say up to March?

Bardney Heritage Centre Cafe

Station Yard
Station Road
Bardney
Lincolnshire
LN3 5UF

The centre is just on the East side of the bridge over the Witham, with a decent parking area and plenty of in- and outdoor seating.
Hope to see you there, whether on yr Moto Guzzi (other two-wheeled modes of transport are acceptable) or even 4 wheels. As ever, plse forward to friends and other MG groups.
Monzaboy

Sorry to miss out the Date - it will be the 3rd Saturday every month 2-4pm, so:
20 Nov 21
18 Dec 21
15 Jan 22
19 Feb 22
19 Mar 22
After which, we’ll change the venue through the warmer months

Hello All, the next meeting of the North Lincolnshire branch will be on Saturday 19th February, 2-4pm, at:
The Gas Lamp Lounge at 13 Thames Street, Louth, LN11 7AD
It’s an interesting traditional pub with a fire in it, lit by the eponymous gas lamps and has parking directly outside. Will do teas & coffees. It is just down from the Riverhead alongside the canal in a little-known old industrial area of the town.
Cheers,

Monzaboy

Saluti Guzzisti!

The next ride-in will be back at the Bardney Heritage Centre Cafe, 2-4pm on Saturday 19th March.

Bardney Heritage Centre Cafe

Station Yard
Station Road
Bardney
Lincolnshire
LN3 5UF

The centre is just on the East side of the bridge over the Witham, with a decent parking area and plenty of in- and outdoor seating.
Monzaboy

Thanks Monzaboy.
Hoping there will be more bikes turning up.

Anybody know when the next meeting is ?
I guess the April one has passed me by.

Thanks

I normally put the info on the Branches page of the Club Website as soon as Paul sends me the details.
Always worth looking at and you don’t even have to log in

Cheers Uki

Saluti Guzzisti!

I hope that East Kirkby went well last month. The good news is that Wickenby Airfield Cafe has finally re-opened, so I’ve booked us in for our next ride-in.
https://wickenbyairfield.com/cafe/
It looks a great venue - there’s plenty of hardstanding for bikes and usually lots of vintage aeroplanes to see, especially if the hangar is open. The little museum at the top of the control tower is also worth a look.
Wickenby Aerodrome
The Control Tower, Langworth, Lincoln LN3 5AX
It’s just North of the A158 Lincoln road - turn off between Wragby and Langworth.

Let’s hope for the usual good Guzzi weather!

Ciao!

Paul
monzaboy@gmx.com

Hope to pop in to see other members, It’s used to be a great venue and a regular haunt, hope it’s back to how it was. Nige