Norge Police sidestand

Greetings
I am a new owner and member, recently bought a new Norge and am delighted with it except … I am vertically challenged and find the sidestand a bit of a stretch.

1. Has anyone fitted the police sidestand?
  2. Does it adequately solve the problem?
  3. Is it a straightforward job?

Any help gratefully received.

I know the feeling!!

I’ve got the long side stand on my Cali and really struggle to reach it with my stubby legs

Good Luck though

I hadn’t noticed that police models had a different side stand.I modified my sidestand in two ways. First of all I welded a larger plate to the foot to stop it just sinking in to hot tarmac. Then I welded a length of rod to that, bent up a little. This enables me to hook it more easily with my heel. Also easier to put down too.

[QUOTE=Brian UK]

I hadn’t noticed that police models had a different side stand.I modified my sidestand in two ways. First of all I welded a larger plate to the foot to stop it just sinking in to hot tarmac. Then I welded a length of rod to that, bent up a little. This enables me to hook it more easily with my heel. Also easier to put down too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tris and Brian. I noticed some discussion about this on one of the US forums (can’t remember exactly) and they said this was a solution. I looked in UK and found this
http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/moto_guzzi_norge_accessories.shtml

You need to scroll down to find the part. Not cheap but I saw it somewhere else for £130!

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/images/883390-254-1-800.jpg

£85 ish not a bad price
Ex smokingbiker2012-11-24 13:25:49

THAT side stand look similar to the one fitted to the V11 Le Mans it has the wire type kick tag on it easy to use I wonder if the V11 Le mans/sport side stand would therefore fit easy?

Thanks Guzzibear - will try to investigate - could be a cheaper option if it fits and there is a second hand one available - I don’t have easy access to welding/brazing gear to go down Brian’s chosen route.

ask the two 2nd hand parts dealers Reboot or Gutsibits they often know what fits what as they see the bikes and their parts more than we do.

Sounds like good advice Guzzibear. I had a look at the current Cali sidestand at the NEC show yesterday and although it is similar pattern the mounting is much more heavy duty than the Norge. I don’t know if the previous models are the same but no doubt the dealers you mention will. Cheers.

Contacted nice helpful guy at Reboot who went off to investigate but unfortunately got back to me to say the Le Mans def does not fit as it’s a different mounting. Looks like it’s either grow another inch on my left leg or fit the £80 jobbie. Will let you know how I get on in case there are others like me…

i have a great long side stand looks home made its come with a load of bits i have bought
willing to post it to you for you to play with if its suitible price can be negotiated
pm address if required

Kind offer Ex Smoker private message on way