North West Wales - New Branch - First Meeting

When I joined the club I noticed a hole on branch locations in North West Wales. Rather than put up with that I have discussed the opening of a new branch with the committee and they were keen. Therefore the first meeting will be at the Four Crosses Inn on Tuesday the 19th March at 7:30 pm. Four Crosses | Menai Bridge . This has just reopened after a refit. This may well be a temporary meeting place if a suitable location can be found in a more geographically central location. This pub is just over the bridge in Anglesey to be as convenient as possible everyone, yet in the area I know.

My aim is to meet monthly to assist everyone to get to know one another. Personally I intend to organise rides, camp outs and if popular short breaks in proper accommodation. However if anyone else wants to suggest or organise anything, great stuff.

4 Likes

well done, that man

Well done winteramwV85tt (not sure if that is your full name!) The branches are the life blood of the club!

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Great news.
The Staffordshire Branch has members from Cheshire and has two meeting spots on and near the Cheshire border.
I can foresee a joint meeting in the pipeline :+1:

@winteramwV85tt would this be ‘North Wales Branch’ or North West Wales Branch’ (or other?)

Please advise, and I can (at least) try and arrange a separate category for you in this forum.

2 Likes

The old branch was “North Wales Branch” but that folded on my watch in 2022 :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi all. I’ve just moved to Dolwyddelan, Conwy and 50% certain I can make it next Tuesday (without my Guzzi, which is in Sussex right now). My wife also rides a Guzzi which is here with us…but she is temporarily unable due to a hand injury. Timing could be better but we’re keen to meet up with fellow Guzzisti here. We enjoyed the Mole Valley branch meets in Surrey and were hoping something similar would surface in North Wales. Jon and Helena.

3 Likes

@winteramwV85tt Hey Andy - if your first get together is a success and it looks like more might be happening, this is from the Branches page in Gambalunga:

Fancy starting a branch? Not everyone wants to go regularly to a branch meeting, but for some members they are a strong reason to join and stay in the club. Some branches have withered on the vine, so if there isn’t one near you, why not consider starting or restarting one?

We don’t have a Branch Liaison officer at present but email branches@motoguzziclub.co.uk and a committee member will reply.

2 Likes

We have a branch coordinator in the form of Damian Lockley who took up the post at last years AGM.
Well worth getting in touch.

1 Like

I have been in communication with Damian.

2 Likes

There are delays on the bridge tonight after 6pm. Not sure what effect they will have.

North West Wales Branch

Hi I can see on the branches section of the website that it is still called the North Wales branch at Four Crosses Inn, Menai Bridge, LL59 5RP, I assume that the venue is correct even if the branch title on the map and the branch details is wrong.

maybe ask the web team to change this?

1 Like