Oxford Branch

Hi guys. Was wondering if anyone knows what’s happening to the Oxford Branch?

as far as I know it is still running
you usually get about 3 to 4 regulars attending, but the pub has lots of other motorcycle meets as well throughout the year

Yes it is still running, but there were only two of us at the last meeting (January)

Yes it does seem to be dying. Anyone interested in revitalising it and moving the venue / date ?

somewhere that sells hot food especially in winter would be an idea !
I tried moving the meeting time forward to encourage people to visit from further away
I cannot attend anymore due to ill health, and yuppies in Audi Q8s treating the A40 like a racetrack !
I used to enjoy the ride from Cheltenham, but not any more, way too many fatal accidents, and the road surface is vile
a great pity as it has some very interesting and knowledgeable members

Agree entirely re the hot food option
Would be good to know where about all the attendees live

most of the regulars live about 5 miles away

I’ve been very neglectful of the Oxford branch since first meeting up once when I joined it many years ago. I am currently working on refurbishing the rear/front master cylinder of my Le Mans III but once on the road would be keen to meet up for a drink / ride out

Would be good to see you, plus I feel that more life needs to be injected into the branch

1 Like

I believe Ian Dunmore has take over as the branch contact. He’s a bit of a Luddite, does not have a computer at home or a mobile phone let a lone a smart one. He does use the local library’s computer, so you can email him. Contact details are in the Jan/Feb issue of Gambalunga.

It would be nice to see Ian again, but I suspect I will have to ride to Oxford. Unless of course there is a Mayflower Rally (not sure if that is correct) it was at Purleigh in Essex a few years ago.

there are several Mayflower Rallies through out the year which Ian intends to attend. i believe he also plans on going to 'Not the Clocks" at the end of the month.

Please send him my regards, Chris from Maldon.