Panniers advice pls

Advice pls. I just got a 99 Cali Special. I am after H&B panniers but there is too much choice. Plastic or leader? 30 or 40 ltrs? I am looking at the Junior Flash, Journey Reckon, Liberty or Nevada. All of the above should do what I need then to do so it is about practicality and look. I guess my concern is leather ones being stolen / easier to break in to. Cheers

40l is obviously most practicable if you are planning a longish haul, but they do look big on a day to day basis

46 litre Givis on the V1000 work ok no problems not wider than the bars, I like the way Givi fits to the frames never had a problem. BUT some advice I was given is to tie a luggage strap around the frame and case when loaded as it is possible to misslock any panniers.

I use the belt type luggage straps …they work. Givi boxes were OEM for the Cali 3 range prior to that they looked more loke the older Krauser on the Cali 2 and some Nevadas, the ones before that were the awful “fag packet” ones Never had water ingress in the Givis had them on the bike for over 22 yrs now

Why is this post in the members only area?

When we see some of the stuff on here why not ?

Thanks. I think I’ll go for the 30 ltr Junior Flash.
It is here because I am a newbie and I have a lot to learn

No perobs Trepps, it is better to post this type of query in the technical section or even general banter as you will get a bigger reponse rate from non members and members who dont drop in here that often

I like leather for the look and the ability to survive a drop.
Security is a concern, but you can still walk away from them knowing a deliberate act will be required to break in. Everything is susceptible in the end.

Phil

I thought it would be better posted in Tech?

Thanks, very helpful. I think I will place a ‘wanted’ post and let destiny decide… Cheers

I have my first set of H&B panniers on my Breva 1100. I have used Givi for many years on many bikes. In my opinion Givi are vastly superior. The H&B panniers are too heavy, overly complicated and not as spacious. I am looking into ways of fitting Givis to my Breva as Givi don`t do a kit unfortunately.