post drench non starter?

new addition to my tool roll

I agree, could I advise you all that it is a good idea to offer me a drink every time you see me. iandunmore2012-07-16 12:14:29

30a relays are fine for lights, horns etc but will not be a long lasting replacement on the starter cct.
For that you need 40a and it willprobobly be about twice the price.
Still cheaper than om though.

Ian, all the late bikes only have a 15A fuse protecting that circuit, so a 30A relay should last some time.

I have long carried odd bits of wire and screw-block connectors, you never know

For 2.99 worth popping a spare relay in , have to say on the older bikes the relay at 30A does die within a year or two I found that 35A+ is far better and in most shops the 40A with fuse is still under £6 … I was thinking of fitting a relay block set on the old V1000 so IF a relay goes you can swap it out as quick as on the V11, not got to doing it yet, I do have extra relays for the spots/horn/starter, the headlamp relays I used were the same as the ones on the V11 and fit into the headlamp.

Looking at the Pyro Dan relays I figure they would do the job on the V1000 it is just getting around o buying the set of relays and wiring up the base. The older relays on the V1000 are pretty ugly and the new ones alot easier to replace along with the AGM battery there is a fair bit of room in the battery space under the seat.

By “older relays” you mean them huge things?

For anyone that has fitted th PyroDan relays the old ones are more than capable of running accessories like spots, accessory sockets etc.Had this confirmed by Dan last year when I couldn’t bring myself to throw away the old relays I’d swapped over. Clearly not up to starter duty 'though All the bestSteve

They have a starter relay on the V11 BUT I would if I did fit them use the small relays for the lektrikery stuff like spots/horn/and replace the tin indicator relay, then the usual midi relay for the starter one, it would just be so much easier to replace.

Mind it is a “when I get round to it” type of job