Potential new small engine Guzzi

Interesting speculative piece from CycleWorld. I trye it would be a great addition for people wanting a less expensive and physically smaller Guzzi.
Hopefully it will follow the path of V50, V7 etc in creating valuable marketing and revenue for Guzzi despite the horror of Guzzi purists.
[CucleWotld ](:camera_flash: Look at this post on Facebook Entry-Level Moto Guzzi Spotted | Cycle World)

The problem is that it’s a rebadged parallel twin 450 Aprilia
Nothing wrong with small parallel twins, but virtually every Guzzi for over 50 years has been a transverse V twin, so it’s not really marketable as a new V50 as thats the first thing us purists will moan about
As Piaggio has positioned Guzzi as their heritage brand a new small Guzzi would make much more sense as a single, playing on its rich legacy of singles from past times.
Look at Triumphs new Speed 400 single, I sat on a demo at Motorcycle Live in November and was very impressed. The problem for Guzzi is that it’s impossible to make such a bike in Europe and sell it at the price point folks expect to pay for a 400 cc machine
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for more choice in the sub 500 cc A2 market to get more young people into motorcycling, what’s the current average age of a Guzzi rider ? 60 + ?
If Piaggio launch a new small Guzzi it should be a single

yuck, I don’t see any point selling this as a guzzi