Price of annual service V85

Having just had my annual service done yesterday at SP Exeter i was somewhat surprised at its cost.
Having viewed various forums, i had seen quoye exceeding £200 and some £300.
The bike was less than my replaced Verys 650 and definately sweented the pill :ok_hand:

1 Like

My wife and I paid 230 last year for 6000 mile service

Mine was for an annual service, I will be interested to find out what my 6000 costs?

Just paid over £300 for the first service at Colchester!

My last service was £345, but this included new rear brake pads at £55 ex vat.

The total parts cost ex vat was £73, so the pads were obviously most of this.
engine oil £25, bevel box oil £2.93, labour £180.

Labour would have been lower of course without the pads change

This seems excessive, my 900 mile service was less than £100!

Where was that? Colchester is closest and also the supplying dealer
Foundry Canterbury quoted 4 hours labour! and Stowmarket quoted about £260.

Out of interest, how many miles did your rear pads last?

Portadown, we only have 2 dealers in Ireland, one in Dublin and one in NI.

McCrum’s at Portadown have been great, very happy with them. Threw in a free travel windscreen and engine bars when I bought the bike too.

The rear pads were checked at the 12k service (was about 12,400 by the time I got the bike in to them) and were almost down to the rivets. Disk still plenty left on it and front disks and pads also plenty left.

I think having pillion/luggage/cargo on the back very often and using through the winter means I use the back brake more so likely they will last longer than 12k for solo riding in dry weather only.

My V7 850 pads were at halfway after the 6k service. I use the rear a lot in traffic but I have spares on order so will swap them out at around the 9k mark to be on the safe side.

At 6k I was billed 3 hours Labour, oil, spark plugs, filters, washers and gaskets so about £400. Colchester.

Always hear good reports of McCrums. Wish there were more like that over here!
My rear pads needed doing at around 10k but as you said pillion and luggage probably had some effect!

Had my annual service done on my V7 850 at SP yesterday. The first service last year was about £230 and the annual one yesterday was £175 as I’ve only done about 3200 miles and the valves didn’t need doing. I thought it was a good price from a dealer to be fair and SP Motorcycle seem a good outfit.

However, once the warranty is up next year I’ll be doing all my own servicing as usual. I hate paying that much for what is basically an oil and filter change and a look over which I could do myself in an hour :roll_eyes:

when I looked at buying my guzzi, I asked about servicing costs and was quoted 60 pounds for the small one and 150 for the big one
it was always much more than that
just had it fully serviced by Tony Botto, including many other jobs, new pads, bleed brakes, and lube stuff and sort a few probs
160 quid all in
and he is a proper motorcycle engineer, and makes me a cup of coffee !!

1 Like