Re-registration of rejected bike

Does anyone know if it is possible for a motorcycle that has been sold and subsequently rejected to be re-registered so that the V5 does not reveal its former history?

Do you think thats what has been done with yours?

I dont know but I guess a VIN check would be the way to go. There are sites which do checks - just found one called carguide but Ive not used it nor do I know if it covers m/cycles.

Put it like this…the question didn’t exactly pop out of thin air…

Hmm.

If it was, it would be illegal. A V5 is locked to a specific vehicle for the life of that vehicle. If it was scrapped or rendered uneconomic to repair by an insurer it would be noted on documentation.

1 Like

Not quite what the question was. I was asking was if it was possible to re-register a previously supplied vehicle so that the fact that it had already been sold once was no longer apparent…

What happens when a vehicle is sold, registered and the sale falls through?

I genuinely don’t know…but I would like to, one way or the other…

1 Like

Does this help:

From a quick scan it appears that a Dealer can de-register a vehicle however it has to be done within seven days.

2 Likes

Thank you for this…so it IS possible.

We will see what happens next…

2 Likes

Also the vehicle cannot have been used by the original registered entity according to the form. Honestly didn’t know this was possible so learnt something new.

1 Like

Interesting topic. I can see the appeal for a dealer.
Have heard of it happening and it didn’t end well for the dealer.

if you do a check on the DVLA website, it will show when the last logbook was issued