Rear brake travel.

Anyone had problems with rear brake lever having too much travel and feeling spongy? Over a couple of weeks mine got progressively worse until I couldn’t push my foot down far enough to activate the brake. Did usual visual checks, no leaks, plenty meat on pads, was about to bleed it but thought, no, it’s under warranty the shop can deal with it.(Looks like 2 man job to bleed it due to brake being on opposite side to lever! Thanks Guzzi!)
After an initial reluctance to look at brake, tried to tell me it was normal !! Mechanic had it up on ramp for 2 hours, done diagnostic, showed nothing, activated abs system which he says got a small air bubble out system then lever travel went back to normal.
I get the impression he didn’t know exactly what had happened, but it seems to be back to normal. So … wait and see if it happens again .:thinking::worried:

2 Likes

They aren’t reluctant to take your cash when you buy the bike, or take the money for a alleged service but if you ask for something under warranty they aren’t interested ( normal Guzzi tactics) shame that the marque is let down by Piaggio and some dealers

1 Like

the local dealer here in NI has been excellent since I bought my bike

Good news, there are some who actually care and are interested

N Ireland has a long and historic connection with Moto Guzzi

Sir Stanley Woods
the first motorcycle superstar