Second Sunday Meet 10th Feb

FEBRUARY 2024 NI NEWS

JANUARY
Second Wednesday
Normally we haven’t done winter night meets and just into the new year, with dark and bad weather, there was no January 2nd Wednesday. We’ll give February a miss too.
Second Sunday
Rather than the full-distance Beragh/Omagh location, the usual ‘first meet point’ at Loughview / Lough Road Park & Ride was proposed as 14th Jan’s shorter distance target, with a further short run from there to Lough Neagh Discovery Centre / Oxford Island for 12 noon. Should have brought swimming togs (not)! Seems that cold weather brings swimmers out: lots were getting into the wind-swept Lough – and they had eaten all the café’s scones.

· FEBRUARY

Second Wednesday No night meet. Sure it’s half-term.

· Second Sunday
Sunday 10th February 11.30am meet at the Loughview / Lough Road Park & Ride BT66 6NQ, off M1, then over to Lough Neagh Discovery Centre / Oxford Island BT66 6NJ for 12 noon.

• MOTO GUZZI ULSTER RALLY •

24 – 27 MAY Spring Bank Holiday weekend

VENUE: The Shepherd’s Rest campsite and pub in the Sperrins mountain range
• Fabulous location, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Great ride routes.
• Camping: there is ample tent space.
• Indoor accommodation / BnB nearby
• Booking is open

The website for MOTO GUZZI ULSTER RALLY has information including BOOKING details. > https://belfastguzzi.com

As well as the veterans getting together, this is a great opportunity for new Guzzi owners to come along and meet other enthusiasts. Spread the word! (And book now.)

The pub website says they dont do food ? is that correct

Hi thanks for your question. The venue is for camping, with people looking after their own food / meals. What I have said on the event website is < Food is not available on site. Bring own food and cooking gear; shop in Draperstown. A buffet meal will be arranged for Saturday evening (so there will be some extra cost for that). > The pub doesn’t have food / restaurant. Let me know if there is anything else you want to know about that.

Alternatively there is B&B accommodation in the area and a restaurant with accommodation rooms. Some of the indoor options will be more expensive than others, of course.

Ulster Rally - Booking. It’s all in the details! Or not. 🥹 When transferring payment for ticket, make sure to give your details in the Contact Form – or email me. Otherwise I can’t email your ticket and don’t know if you want a tent pitch. Thanks. P.M.McD? A.O.S?