Shorai Battery Review

I would have got a decent lead acid Yuasa 3 year warranty battery and used a solar cahrger if the bike has no mains power near
rapheal glynn2013-02-20 20:08:21

You are entitled to your view Russ, but the more money than sense comment is out of order.

I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am not offended in any way by those who think I have chosen a foolishly expensive option. The standard lead acid battery + solar charger is a good idea which I did consider but my bike is parked on the street in Lewisham (for those of you not familiar with SE London read “high crime area”) and I was worried the solar charger would be just too tempting for passing kleptomaniacs. I will certainly consider it in the future if I get access to more secure parking, particularly if I add any equipment such as an alarm which generates a continuous current drain.

I get it now, in that case he has no option but take the battery off to recharge. Power leads and panels wouldn’t last 10 minutes.

I thought that might be the case.

Hi Everyone,

Have been running through the “Spring” with Keise heated gloves and my iphone as a sat nav charging from the battery. Still starts on the button.

Last post from me on this one. You will all have one eventually you just don’t know it yet! I am thinking of junking the engine and just riding on the starter motor.

ww.asn-shop.de/Motorrad-Batterie-132V-75Ah-V3-4s3p
guzzibear2014-01-13 11:54:23

Looks like another manufacturer is on scene! That one is even more expensive than the Shorai battery including postage from the States!

??? It’s cheaper and from Germany…

Yes, I make the US price as quoted £242 including everything.You can get the same Shorai battery in the UK for £206 plus carriage. The German one is €227 plus cariage form Germany, which equates to about £192 at current rates.However the pound has risen against the dollar since the original post so the US price might be less to us now anyway.
Brian UK2014-01-14 17:41:33

All true. The pain of paying for it has diminished in my memory and with it my recollection of the price. I imagine the cost of these things can only come down as the technology matures and they become more commonplace.

Hi Richard, I like how the Shorai battery is working for you and happy to pay for one. Could you let me know what the dimensions of the battery are? I am keen to have a bit more space under the seat of my Sporti for some spare fuses, bulbs etc when touring.
Thanks