Slime Season 2023

Well the slime season has started in earnest.

Not content with grotty road patching by the Council, the local farmers and builders have gone into mud-spreading mode. Once the mud has been deposited a road sweeper makes sure that the thin layer of slippy-slime covers the entire carriageway. Around us that is mostly clay - super slippy.

Short ride today required comprehensive post-ride hosing down (both the bike and me!)

Still. MoT passed and no advisories.

3 Likes

Over here in LE we have maize grown for anaerobic digesters , which seems to be harvested only in the wet, with not just mud on the road but clods the size of a cows head. Accidents occur regular…owt done about it my arse ! and its maize time again …yep ,quality top soil on the road being washed down the dyke.
By the way , the digester is 30 miles away , a 60 mile round trip ,one way with an empty trailer…bring on green energy !!!

We live on the lanes in West Somerset. Went out on the KTM to the shops yesterday as the guzzi is apart. Had a large / long wheel spin moment going from the house onto the lane, and then a massive buttock clenching front wheel slide in our village. There was no excessive throttle or braking going on. Thankfully there was no-one else on the road or it could have been interesting….And this was before I got to pass any field gates.

Take it easy out there friends.

Cheers, Bob