Spada rear brake caliper

Hi, anyone got a rear brake caliper for a spada, I think it is a P 08, so fitted to quite a selection of bikes 70s and 80s.
It’s the one with two bleed nipples.
If anyone has you can contact me at jefskywalker@hotmail.com.
Thanks

Its a P9 Jeff, I replied to the technical post -

It is a P9 but they are scarce because they were only used on a few bikes like Spada and the G5 plus the small bleed valves sieze and snap. I had to replace mine for that reason and I managed to butcher it completely trying to get it out (the extractor snapped in the remains of the bleed valve) I managed to get another one where the other side had been buggered and I was able to make a good one from the two.
If this is your problem Nik Wallis told me that he had had some success in extracting them.

By the way the SP having the larger brake caliper may explain why the springs in the proportional valve are different to those in a Cali.

Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes same thing happened to me today. So need a new one or hopefully a second hand one that works.
Regards
Jef

1 Like

They used to be unobtainium, and P08’s fitted the 1000SP rear (mine has this). No longer unobtainium apparently: Gutsibits & Ducati Paddy both seem to have them.

F09 or P09? Same thing or something else? Someone will know.

P2F09N - F09 would be a more accurate abbreviation.

BTW F09 s were fitted to German market models that had F08s else where so may be more likely to find second hand ones there

Thanks for all the info.
Will look into it all and see what I can do.
Regards
Jef

Hi Jef

As others have mentioned the SP1000 uses a P9 rear Caliper and as we all know the twin 6mm Bleed Nipples have attendency to snap off. I’ve had quite a lot of success removing these with about a 90% success rate. Depends how deep the corrosion goes!

If you want to send me the caliper i will repair it for you.

i will PM you my address if you want.

Regards, Nik

Hi Nik,
Thanks for your kind offer. I think they are too far gone. I have repaired these myself with a fair amount of success.
So I found a second hand one that is in good condition and I only need one half of it.
Thanks again.
Regards
Jef