Speedo cable.

Cali 2. The Speedo cable length seems barely long enough, no matter how I route it. Are there any longer cables out there that would fit this model? Anyone else had this issue? Ta.

The question has to be asked: do you have a standard set up? do you have a ā€˜standardā€™ cable?

Faced with a similar dilemma, a few years back, I found the Gutsibits listings helpful because they included some dimensions. Harpers did, too, I think. A bit of jiggling, a bit of measuring, and I ended up with a cable that worked on my bike. Sold the one that didnā€™t quite work on eBay, for the money that the right one cost me, so all is good.

Bear in mind that you likely canā€™t find the exact OEM part now, and any pattern part (whatever the quality) will probably have been templated off a customer bike, which may or may not have the exact same config as your own. Note well, when it comes to buying brake line ā€œkitsā€.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, Iā€™ll get the tape measure out and see what Guzzibits has or Harperā€™s? Never used them, cheers.

Harpers is US-based. If in the UK, they can still be a good reference for what fits what.

2 Likes

The correct Speedo Cable for the Cali 2 (Part No 28760410) has an outer length of 44.2" although commonly fitted in mistake with a 28760450 which is a 1" shorter. The next longer Speedo Cable is 47.5" (Part No 37760405) which fits the Daytona RS / Sport 1100i

Regards, Nik

2 Likes

ā€œThe correct Speedo Cable for the Cali 2ā€¦ā€ ā€¦in standard configuration. (o;

The bike is standard, wether the cable is standard is another matter! Not had a chance to get to garage yet, work gets in way of play!!