Stelvio 2024 first ride

I’ve had a short demo ride on the V7 but don’t pick my bike up until March. I’ll let you know after that. It’s clearly going to be less powerful , but it’s also lighter. We shall see.

i still have an idea i might want one, but i cant really justify another bike unless i get rid of one of the ones i have. always liked the look of V7s, except for the new headlight. i like the twin clocks and classic headlight on the special but not all the chrome

I’ve just had confirmation from the dealer that my bike has arrived. Not in the yellow that I wanted, as they are going to be about another 8 weeks and are likely to come with the radar stuff. I didn’t want the radar ,so I’m not too fussed.

1 Like

Hang fire Sidthedid, I’m sure Guzzi will be along in a minute with yet another ‘Special Edition’ which will mix up the features till we all get the combinations we want :smile:

1 Like

I probably would use radar assisted cruise if I had it, I use the cruise control on v85 very often and I do end up having to manually adjust it especially when commuting

I see that you have picked yours up Steve. What do you think so far?

Only done a couple of hundred miles Chris, but upto now I’m liking it a lot. The V100 engine is and absolute cracker, the gearbox is improved over the mandello and it handles really nicely. The suspension is a tad firm but not enough to spoil the experience. Just fitting a few items which I took off the V85 i.e. Topbox, footrests, satnav. I’m off down to a Mates near Kidderminster next week. I selected a route of A and B roads, so that should give me a pretty good idea.

2 Likes

Excellent. Looking forwards to the reports :+1:

I picked my Stelvio up on the 1st of march, it’s now run in and ready for it’s first service on the 26th April. First off , I really did not like the colour so had the bike repainted in Red and Silver, there are some pics on Teasdale motorcycles facebook page if anyone is interested? I’m really happy with the result.
I’ve owned a fair few Guzzi’s and for me this is the best bike ever to come out of Mandello. The engine is an absolute peach and fueling near on perfect. Torque, a guzzi speciality, is not lost on this bike, pulling out of bends is just so addictive. The bike is actually much quicker than it feels, on a couple of occasions I’ve glanced at the speedo and been genuinely shocked at how quick I’ve been going. Apart from the rather severe clunk into first gear the gearbox is very nice, still waiting for the quickshifter, and much improved over the v100 mandello. A bit of adjustment to the suspension and it now handles very nicely, although it’s still very firm on rougher roads and I will be looking to change it once stuff has been developed. I think Guzzi should have offered Ohlins semi active as an option. It’s very good on the Mandello S. Range is around 200-220 miles per tank. I’m not exactly a steady rider, but I’m not balls out either. Absolutely loving the bike, it’s just about perfect for me.

3 Likes

I forgot to add. The biggest negative for the bike, is riding a mucky weather. The bike gets blathered and I mean BLATHERED. Luckily it’s not to bad to clean.

Picked my new Stelvio up last Friday, 11 miles on the clock and there’s coolant leaking from the head gasket. Took it back Saturday and someone from Piaggio came yesterday took a few photos to send to HQ. Waiting for an up date now.

Are you sure it’s coming from the cylinder head joint?

This engine is becoming renowned for various coolant leaks, but they are usually due to loose hose clips or the dreadfully cheap Chinese radiator cap (it sticks open/closed).

Could you post a photo?

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

S23

You can see the trace coming from the back of the right hand cylinder, I’ll try to post a photo, bit of a skill shortage when it comes to this tech though. Nearly did it but my phone memory is too low apparently. Having trouble getting to the site on my tablet as well, privacy error whatever that is.

Hope the pictures clear enough, what do you think

Cylinder base gasket ?

Nope - on looking at pictures of this engine, I think the cylinders are cast integral with the crankcase - my mistake :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Nearly a month now and no sign of anything happening. Just out of interest Speedy 23, how long did it take for your warranty claim to be approved, cheers.

Correctamundo.

(Only because the site would not let me just post “correct”. Too short, apparently …:thinking:)

It was fairly quick - within 5 days, IIRC.

How long before the job was done.