Stelvio 2024 first ride

a few modifications from the V100, quickshifter apparently better.

tempting!

2 Likes

Fuel tank is apparently only 19 litres. A bit too small for me really. I would have liked another 2 or 3 litres to give a minimum 200 mile range.

yeah I noticed he said 5.1gal but thatā€™s US not imperial, so less than the V85TT.

I used to get 300 miles regularly from a tankful on my ā€˜77 Le Mans, I was surprised that my Pan Euro would not do the same (it was a 75mile commute, so either there and back twice or there and back once and fill up after the third leg).

Maybe itā€™s a trend, my GS1250 only gets 200 and a few (though thatā€™s mainly round-town commuting rather than the motorway commute I was doing on the Guzzi/Pan). I heard the guy say ā€œ5.1 gallonsā€ and wondered if they were US.

I guess 200-220 miles is enough for most riders, most of the time.

1 Like

Looks great. Looking forwards to seeing it at the Milan show

Better looking than the new GS :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The official brochure states the tank is 21 ltd and a consumption of 5.1 l/100 km. That coverts to approximately 4.6 gal (UK) and 55 mpg. This gives a range of 250 miles, although I will be filling up at around 220.

1 Like

Got mine ordered already. I love my V100S but owing to some left leg damage Iā€™m struggling to ride more than 50mls without stopping to get the blood flowing in my leg again. No such problems on my V85.

1 Like

I had a sit on one at the Milan show. It looks even better in the flesh. The riding position feels comfortable. comparable to my 950 Multistrada. The TFT is similar to the Mandello and the screen looks as though it will provide good protection. The seat height is 830mm 10mm lower than my multi. As mentioned it has a 21 litre tank. Interestingly the new V85 has a 23 litre tank.
No prices were released to my knowledge, unless you have an indication Wrinkley having ordered one.

1 Like

my 2021 V85 has a 23l tank, I think they all do.

1 Like

Yes they havenā€™t changed that bit on the new one.

No idea how much theyā€™re going to be. Iā€™ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
If I was to Hazard a guess Iā€™d say Ā£15000.

1 Like

That was what I thought. There is a dealer taking order stating Ā£15,999, but saying prices to be confirmed

For those that are keen to take a look at the bike Deardenā€™s near Southampton has a launch event in the New Year:

SAVE THE DATE - 24th January 2024, the new Launch of the Moto Guzzi Stelvio and Aprilia RS457, Dearden Motorcycles are pleased to invite you to the launch of these new machines, with presentation, refreshments and nibbles from 4.00 - 7pm

1 Like

Iā€™m going to see it in the flesh at Teasdales in Thirsk on the 16th Jan. I have no idea of price or when delivery is going to be.
I have a prediction for next year. The Stelvio S or NTX. Larger tank, semi active suspension, centre stand, engine bars and spotlights, luggage. 125bhp.

This is purely guess work on my part.
I will just add that I donā€™t like either of the colour combos and will be having mine wrapped in red and silver as a nod to the very first Stelvios.

1 Like

I am going to Teasdales on 16th too. I saw it at ECIMA, but it will be interesting to find out the price. My guess is @ Ā£16k

I canā€™t see it being more than the Mandello S @ Ā£15 750. No electronic wings, no semi active suspension. Iā€™m hoping more like Ā£14 750.

Not a bad guess, I didnā€™t see the extra Ā£1500 off though if ordered before 15th feb. Lovely bonus. I decided I donā€™t need two adventure style bikes so Iā€™ve chopped my V85 for a V7 stone corsa. Strangely it has more leg room than the V100 mandello.

2 Likes

Nice one. Any indication when you will get your Stelvio?

1 Like

Hopefully early March.

1 Like

how do you find the v7 compared to the v85? easier handling, less power?