Stelvio or Norge?

I can’t get rid of the itch and therefore it would appear my next bike will be a Guzzi, probably spring next year. As much as I’d like a new Cali and for once could spend £16k on a new bike I really can’t justify it. Therefore it looks like coming down to a choice between a Norge or Stelvio. I’ll look to get test rides closer to the time but are either of them more or less reliable than the other? I’ve just moved to Poland and there is only one official dealership and only a handful of service centres here. They are all over an hour and a half ride away from me.
Having said all the above, the Warsaw dealer has a 2008 vintage cali up at the moment for around £5k. Probably more than I’d pay in the UK but bikes and cars are very expensive here. And this would give me about the same for another bike!

£5k for a 2008 Cali Vintage seems good value, if it’s not high mileage and been well looked after and properly serviced. The riding position takes getting used to (especially the gear and brake pedals), but when you do it’s well worth it. The engine is proven and the handling is great. Few bikes are so rewarding. I’ve just traded in mine for a Breva, which is like an un-faired Norge - a great option if you want a free-revving engine and a slick gearbox. Others are better qualified to advise on the reliability of the Stelvio or Norge, but my understanding is that the latest ones have had their teething problems sorted out.

At the risk of it being bought from under me here’s the link. 25500 zloty which at today’s rate is just over £5200 and 11000 kms.
http://otomoto.pl/moto-guzzi-california-M3776040.html

I’m starting to get very tempted by it.

Regarding the Stelvio v. Norge, if you are talking about a new one, I don’t think there would be anything between them regarding reliability. There have been a few problems with the valve gear on earlier Stelvios though. (Design change on the new models).

[QUOTE=Taevans64] At the risk of it being bought from under me here’s the link. 25500 zloty which at today’s rate is just over £5200 and 11000 kms.
http://otomoto.pl/moto-guzzi-california-M3776040.html

I’m starting to get very tempted by it.[/QUOTE]

If I were you, I’d be very tempted by this! At that mileage it’s hardly run-in. It even has the optional but very rare Guzzi touring seat, which I had on my Cali EV; not only is this comfortable hour after hour, but it provides a little more height, which is good for any but the shortest riders.

Things to be aware of: You might find you want to add a spoiler (I used an MRA X-Screen) to lift the air flow from the screen over your helmet and reduce turbulence. Do check for corrosion, and use corrosion inhibitors if your roads are salted during the winter. Servicing is easy, even though changing the oil filter involves dropping the bottom of the sump; petrol consumption is excellent, but rear tyres wear out quickly, unless you use the slightly oversized Metzler Marathon.