Stelvio TPS removal

Help!
I need to replace the TPS on my 2010 Stelvio 4V.

It appears to be the press in type (see photo from another forum). The little wings have broken off and I cannot lever it out. I’ve tried grips but no joy - any ideas? what am I missing?
IMG_1257

As long as you have a spare, you could drill 2 small holes and put screws in and pull it out that way.

Out of interest what sort of symptoms has this caused?

Thanks Brian - excellent idea

It’s got poor idle, sometimes just cranks without starting and most worryingly, occasionally just drops the throttle to idle speed when riding at speed on main roads - which is terrifying.

If this doesn’t work I will be replacing the phase sensor

In case anyone’s interested in the results of this - the TPS is a stubby little potentiometer that slots onto a rod coming off the butterfly plate. On the stelvio it is just pushed in but guarantee it is not meant to be user replaced.

I managed to hammer a small sharp screwdriver through the plastic of the old TPS until I was underneath the sensor, and then lever it up enough to get a rim out. I then hammered the rim upwards until it came out.

The throttle bodies are very soft and the sensor is very brittle so I 100% guarantee doing it this way will in some way damage the TB casing (as shown) AND destroy the sensor in there.

The only thing I can suggest to get one out without damaging the TB is to remove the TB assembly from the bike, drill the 2 small screws into the sensor and pull like crazy.

Phase senor is a car item if you didn’t know and can be had for around £25

Thanks Brian, I don’t suppose you happen to have a link or a part number as I can only find them for Guzzis at £60+

search for Intermotor 18783 Crank Sensor

Amazon - Amazon.co.uk

eBay - Intermotor 18783 Crank Sensor for sale | eBay

Other parts are car related

Did you get an OEM tps or aftermarket? If aftermarket do you have a part number?