Stelvio vs GSA

Some historical input.
Back in '84 I bought my first Guzzi, a mk111 Le Mans, the third fastest production bike of the time.
At the same time someone who was to become a mate bought a BMW R80GS, the daddy of them all.
We used to swap bikes and I never told him that his was a far better road bike than mine even if it didn’t have the speed.
But I wasn’t a Guzzi man then, I simply plumped for speed and reliability, which the lemon had in Spades.

quote:" BMW might have made top quality bikes but they are just trading on their history now regarding boxer twins". +1

I bought one new in 2011 (DOHC) and the quality of the bike is not like the R100RT that I had years ago.
my 2011 Gs was pampered and still had rusting screws at 12 months old, the dealer said he could change them, but the new ones would be the same after another 12 months.
my r100rt had no rust at 8 years old.

Well, almost 10 years since I got my first Stelvio. It started a love affair with me for Moto Guzzi. I waned to experience as many Guzzi’s as I could and in the last 10 years I’ve had some 24 of them. I’ve currently got a GDO V85 and a V100 MandelloS.
The new Stelvio is already ordered.