Stucchi.....Fairing.

May be a silly question but is “Stucchi” a reputable company? I want to buy a fairing for my V7 Racer which will cost over £1000 so don’t want to pay for something I might not receive. Alternatively if anyone knows of another source I would be delighted to hear about it. TIA Neil

1 Like

A venerable company who produce quality products.

You will be OK.

Old story, good ain’t cheap.

2 Likes

Chap on the FB group recently telling a different story: order placed, no comms, no delivery, no response to emails, months later some indication that order might be fulfilled, but… not sure I saw the end to the story. If you are in the MGCGB Facebook group, search Stucchi for a fuller story and, possibly, someone to speak with.

I have no personal experience with the company, and a story on Facebook? Who knows, but you asked (o;

4 Likes

Thanks Barry I completely forgot about that post, I’ll contact the chap for an update.

2 Likes

good plan. i bumped the post, curious about the outcome.

2 Likes

+1 great products with variable customer service. Better to buy via a supplier/agent.

1 Like

@Neil_Cormack - if you are in the FB group, the member concerned has offered an update. Suffice to say it’s not a fairy tale ending. I can’t provide a link, I’m afraid, on the technology currently available to me. Failing that, let me know by message here, and I’ll relay the update privately.

2 Likes

Messaged Simon and he has had absolutely no communication or tracking details and has accepted the fact he has lost his money, so I won’t be buying from them. Shame :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

good, at least, that you got some first-hand info - @guzzibrat offers good advice. their products are primo, but “not great service” is a comment i’ve seen more than once - but have not dealt with them myself

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this. I bought gear from them in the 1980s and I was impressed with the quality and as I recall the service was OK too.

Maybe best to source from an agent as has been suggested above…

2 Likes

I also have been searching for that official Moto Guzzi Rekord Kit of fairing and seat ( would just be happy with the fairing ) but they’re like rocking horse manure. Bought my V7 Racer new in 2013. Installed the Stucchi engine guards which are now unobtainable. Best to go through a supplier . I’m in the U.S. so used AF1 Racing… Good luck with the search !

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment. I think a lot of people have tried to obtain the Record Kit without success. I’ve given up the search but if a fairing does comes up for sale of course I’ll have it. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I have bought a couple of items from them without any problems.

Best thing to do is to pay with a credit card (not a debit card), then if nothing arrives you can get your money back via the credit card company. I have had to do that a couple of times (not with Stucchi!) and it’s pretty straightforward - they just cancel the transaction and it’s like you never bought the thing.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input, I’m still not comfortable with the situation as they say it will take about 4 weeks to produce, which stretches the waiting time before I start getting nervous. I will consider your suggestion though. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Stucchi , when they were Luigi Stucchi in Mandello, were really great to deal with.
The “new” company based in Como less so.
As above some customers have had difficulty getting parts delivered or cancelled or refunded as above.
I am in that list having had problems getting some brake shoes delivered so gave up … Not a huge amount of money but just gave up.
Wil not deal with them again.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response, I think my mind is made up to avoid them.

2 Likes