T3 starter relay not working

'EE is NOT a Master …Eeee is just a very norty boy! Annimazin2013-03-25 22:27:31

Hi. That link doesn’t work any more. Can somebody post a diagram of how best to rewire the relay. Thanks.

It’s one of the casualties of the mass clearout a few weeks ago.

That’s a shame. So is it just running a suitable size of cable from the battery, instead of the brown wire from the fuse box?

Have a look in the FAQ section, I’ve just reposted it.

Yes, or, move the brown wire to fuse 5 or 6 and run those from the battery.

The original feed goes up and down the bike a couple of times, via the ignition switch contacts, and various other connectors. All of these can and will intruduce resistance into the circuit, thus dropping the voltage available at the solenoid. Putting a new supply direct from the battery (via a fuse preferably) will solve the problem.Why Guzzi wire bikes in this way I have no idea, they still do it on the new range, and it still gives lots of problems, including blowing fuses. But check the diagram in the FAQ section before changing anything.
Brian UK2013-05-07 09:32:30

Yes I did a quick count up and there’s something like eight crimped connections (10 if ign switch has its own 4-way plugblock as well [Spadas et al]), ignition switch contacts, and the fuse contacts, and the relay.