T4 Clutch Cable Fitment

Hi All,
It occurs to me that haven’t changed the clutch cable in some time. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a tutorial please. I ask because I recall when I had the gearbox out some years ago (last time I changed the cable) that you have to leave some slack in the cable. Anyway the sequencing would be a big help.

I’m not aware of any tutorial, but it is a fairly simple job. I did my Cali 3 recently as the old one started fraying when recently out for a ride.
You shoudn’t need to touch the adjuster on the rear of the gearbox behind the swing arm. Just check it is just clearing the brake arm pivot that sits close behind it.
Remove the old cable by slackening off the adjustors on the handlebar and beside the rear brake pedal. Fit the new cable on at the bottom first, hook the nipple onto the arm and wind the adjustor in fully to give you plenty slack at the top. Route the cable and connect it up at the bars. Set the adjuster at the top in a mid position and then adjust the lower thread to take up the slack.

Only six months later - many thanks Don! Much appreciated!

1 Like