Tank fuel leak

One of the fuel taps on my dingo seems to have corroded, and it’s leaking now. Is it possible to repair it, or is this a tank replacement job?

If it is the Tank itself that is leaking , try a product called POR15 I have used it on a number of occasions with 100% success.

If you need a replacement Tap, what thread size is it? OMG still make the Taps.

Regards, Nik

1 Like

If it is the tap that is leaking, then replacements are readily available. Ebay has plenty of fuel taps available quite reasonably.
You will need to unscrew the old one and find out what thread is needed to screw into the tank, width and the thread pitch. My Stornello has 1/8 BSP threaded taps, but some also use 10 x 1.00mm
You need a caliper to measure the width and a thread guage to determine the thread.

1 Like

I’ve used POR-15 on a couple of tanks and it works very well and is easy to apply.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the replies! I’ve just checked and it’s the tap that’s leaking, so I’ll replace it. I’ll measure it as Don-Spada suggested.

Avoid using the cheaper petrol in the tank as it was probably damaged by the 10% ethanol attacking the seals in the tap. I always use the premium fuel that is only 5% and so is less harmful to rubber components.

1 Like