The Lord Mayors Parade, Moto Guzzis required

I spotted a post from Elena asking for Guzzis for the Lord Mayors parade, I am not ULEZ compliant, although would be happy to pay the fee for the day, but I am not allowed to ride a motorcycle or leave the country for a while, surely the club could step forward and help out
it has brought out the usual right wing racists moaning about London !!,
but I ignore them

linky thing

https://www.facebook.com/groups/687352777967305/user/100003736907925/

1 Like

I would also like to stress that the Lord Mayor is nothing to do with Mayor Khan and his get rich quick schemes and desires to take over everything in London
he is a Lawyer by training, so money making comes naturally
The Lord Mayor is elected each November, and his task as well as being a great ambassador for the City Of London, also raised vast amounts of money for the needy and charities
A post that has existed since the late 1400s
in fact I might forget the doctors order and bunk off for the day and join the parade
you only live once

1 Like

Righto if any one wishes to participate, please contact me, as i have the contact details for the organiser, and time slots and total numbers
it begins at around 11.30 after howevr you will have to arrive earlier, as they need to set every one up ready and takes an hour and a half
as well as Italian Colours I will also be wearing a Ukranian flag, if I am allowed
it is on a Saturday as well, what a chance to see London as you have never seen it before
I am leaving for the big Smoke after my Chemo on the Friday, then stopping with my dad who is 90, he is coming on the pillion
be a nice day out for us, nothing will stop me doing it now, and my Brother who rides some big ugly German thing is buying us lunch in Weatherspoons in the City, dont get better than that, due to the pills and chemo I have to keep eating lots of food , well I told him that and he dont know otherwise !!!
I shall also be bringing my get out of jail card, so if any one annoys me I will give them some cockney lip

1 Like

Is the “not allowed to ride motorcycles” a medical stipulation?

1 Like

Advice from the Doctor, because of chemo, but because I have always been fit, never smoked, drink or obese, She said a long as you feel ok , carry on
I just need to pay attention to meal breaks and tablets
I am 65 in a few weeks time, but my fitness levels came out as 45, thats a life time working outside and not sitting on my arse pressing button on a computer, walking and cycling rather than driving
I am however banned from siring children, which no doubt pleases my wife ( she is 63) so probably not likely
normally the treatment I am on would not start for some months and be a very small dose, but they hit me with everything in one go, and I am part of a research scheme, so that my results will help others who may suffer from this disease in the future
after losing three people close to me, two of them whilst i was in Hospital, I am not in a mood to sit down and be negative
after christmas I start stem cell, treatment, from that point, I will be medically unfit to drive or motorcycle, but being in an isolation ward for 6 weeks, i wont be too worried, then its a month of R an R at home, and back to walking first the cycling
for me a fit person who evrey one relies upon and who sorts out everybody elses problems, it was a bit of a shock to collapse and end up in an ambulance, and nearly kark it

oh and if you are trying to be smart about the not allowed bit, dont waste your time picking an argument with me, I have a get out of jail free card !!

Look up Myeloma its a cancer that forms in the blood, most often seen in older people I was only diagnosed early because i had been working too hard, trying to finish two daughters house and my normal work, and worrying about my parents, end result I collapsed, , luckily the hospital after they decided what to do with me, kept me in to find out why I was aneamic, and had no blood in my system
I can tell you where it went !
it turns out that my Doctor a fantastic young man, from Nigeria specialized in Myeloma as part of his training at a major London Hospital, and the local hospital examined me, and after many tests including taking Bone Marrow samples, diagnosed the disease then got moving very quickly
ps I hate needles and giving blood, and I have to give multiple samples evrey time, so that the research clinics can improve their database of knowledge, and they hope within ten years this can be detected by a routine blood test, and a simple improved treatment
oddly very few people take up the offer of joining the scheme, possibly paranoia about personal details being shared, I dont give a damm, as I am mixed race , and the info they take is genetic, who knows you might be the lucky recipient of the new advanced treatment should you be unfortunate enough to be diagnosed
for me I view it as a positive, i wound down by business, and will only go back to work part time, offloaded lots of things I didnt need, and now work for a local charity even more, and found out how many true and great friends i have
but it has made me value time even more, and a few people who have messed me about , and bimbled on got shouted at and told to not bother me again

Not trying to be smart at all - I’m glad you are being so positive about your situation and wish you all the best.

I know what you mean about illnesses of this type as I’ve also lost some close relatives in the past but I also think that because of recent advances, things are a lot better these days than they were!

I was asking because I had a mate who was told not to drive by his GP and did…and had a biff. World of grief, and nobody would want that on top of a serious illness.

Hope you have a really good time at the parade, and I’ll buy you a pint (or whatever) if we ever meet up at Cassington!

Cheers!

1 Like

spot on, I know a dinlo, doc told him not to drive, found out the doc had contacted DVLA , and pulled his licence, got caught AND A BIG OLD FINE
I was told initially no motorcycling, as they were not certain of the side effects of the drugs on me, or my mental state, in case I topped myself
didnt drive a car for three months, just too much effort,
hopefully we can get a few more members along to join in the parade
One of the old Lord Mayors I bumped into set up the muckleborough Military Museum, his father was a fighter pilot, now its one of the biggest and best in the Country and is used by schools for education

2 Likes

Elena has been very active in promoting the event.
Serena Powis is coordinating a club based response. Be worth contacting her to pool your efforts.

I emailed Serena with the details, , if she is sorting it , its all going to go well

1 Like

looking good
we are representing the Parodi family and Genoa
the new Lord Mayor is Italian
what i need to sort out, are some denim overalls ( the Genoese invented Denim) but in the colour and style of the 1950/60 race mechanics overalls. I notice in the black and white images a vertical stripe, but dont know whether its white, or the tricolori

1 Like

I took the guzzi down for its MOT, passed with flying colours, no surprise as Tony Botto had given it an overhaul
going to give it a good clean ready for the parade

1 Like

Any one in London with an older Guzzi, a three wheeled one, or a Falcon or Nuevo falcone
one rider has failed to make contact in spite of being asked, and I have to sort out clothing for the team, we plan to wear matching riding suits ( no none of that hardly able to stuff with tassles, and road captian something with a bit of class that you can keep to remind you )
but i need time to organise the machine set up with the seamstress, she is going to put me in between normal production runs ( an old client and friend)

Sam ( mathew )Leich has gone awol !!
and I do not do last minute
unlike my brother who drives me mental

How many are going down for this ? I’m seriously thinking of joining in. Would be a nice little ride down from Peterborough.

Only four motorcycles are allowed in the parade
space is at a premium there is myself and two others so far
also due to it being a high risk target, security checks need to be carried out promptly
easier for me as I am already registered with the Home Office
but no back ground check no pass no access, there are the usual groups would like to make themselves known at an event like this, hopefully they will get slotted if they try
Sorry I dont do snowflake, violent knife wielding scum and idiots using religion to attack innocent people need eradicating
some body recommended by the club secretary failed to make contact in any shape or form !!
a fourth person cannot be contacted as the Italian lady organizing it has lost his details
if he does not make contact soon I will ping a note up here
I am organizing matching Guzzi overalls for the riders, however they must choose their size and post them onto me for the Lady I use to embroider them
I dont do stick on badges tacky stuff
the costs of embroidery will then be split 4 ways and the clothing returned
however I am meeting up tomorrow
and arranging the design, and a start and finish date as they will slip them in on a normal production run as a favour to me
but any one messing me about and posting them last minute will get them sent back
I am short of time in more ways than one !

ok. that puts me out of the running then.

you could always pop down join the crowds and cheer us on ( or give me a push )
my old man will be on the back, he is 90 so a bit past bump starting it !!

There’s a former Met officer with an MGC21 who is in the area. Kate Birkbeck is her name. May be worth contacting her. Serena Powis has her details

She has not bothered to get in touch, in spite of being asked !!
too late now due to security checks
all sorted and names and reg nos registered

1 Like

It’s all very well you moaning about Kate not getting back to you as I’ve sent you msgs and postings on the event and you have never bothered to respond either.

1 Like

not seen them
I did just find a message asking me to ring you, but I am often unable to speak
so that would be pointless ??
if you posted directly on the forum liek this I would find the message
there is a whats app group, not seen you on that
only just seen this message when I signed on ?
and Kate was not contacting me, she ignored me twice in Mandello at the Guzzi club house
maybe I look too poor ?, so I never bothered my arse to speak to her again

she was supposed to contact Elena directly
oh and for your information ,several of my closest friends served alongside kate, and one of them probably trained her

I am in hospital for stuff a lot of the time like chemo, so I dont really worry about the computer
more important things to think about
thats why I often post at 3 am
I am also trying to sort out the clothing for the others on the big day, and thats like herding cats
people unable to follow a simple instruction