The "Where Am I?" thread

Ogwen Valley, Snowdonia. East face of Tryfan, Glyderau group, in the background just about make out the rim of the Devil’s Kitchen (Twll Du). North Ridge scramble forms the backbone visible right to left - Milestone Buttress is hidden on the west flank - where I nearly killed myself aged 15.Bike is on the A5GJ
guzzijack2010-11-23 17:05:42

That was one I can claim to know personally without recourse to Google Images or any other webtrickery. From the age of 13, (seems insanely young nowadays), two or three of us would take the night trains up from London to Bangor, and then walk or hitch down to near where that pic was taken and camp alongside the lake. We’d do it 4 or 5 times during the summer months and climb all over the Glyders, Llanberis Pass or around the Snowden Massif where there was rock.The ‘incident’ on the Milestone where I was leading and went off on the wrong pitch to a HVS certainly etched the place in my memory!I’ll pass and let someone else have a go - let’s be 'aving you!GJ

As it’s my game, how about here ???

It does say on it for those who want to look. Good story . Life size and made with incredible detail so it was.

theone&onlymin
x

Do I need to post if this is the correct answer?
Yes, ok it is so it is.

Very well done everybody

theone&onlymin
x

Does anyone mind if I have a go? I’ve been enjoying the thread but been rubbish at guessing the locations!

Just_john2010-12-15 15:07:45

Netherlands?

Somme

Nah, UK, Romney Marshes?

Very close!

The picture was taken from the sea wall at Winchelsea beach. Obviously the sea was behind me!

OK, here is one that I took today, specifically for your amusement.

\

theone&onlymin
x

looks a bit foogy, Min?..later… did the fog lift or was it a glitch?McFuzzi2010-12-22 19:45:52

At first glance I thought it was a railway buil;ding then I saw the giraff!

It is Regents Park Zoo from the Outer Circle. I always think it is a fine sight seeing giraffes when you ride in London. Yes of course its a zoo, not the bleeding Serengeti. They are not allowed to roam free down here.

theone&onlymin
x

I guess the Alps…

Courchevel ?
I know thats an ESF ski school
not that I ski but I recognise the brand name
friends of mine go along to break legsrapheal glynn2011-01-06 22:02:02

And there was me just about to suggest Mont Dore. Have you tried the “Grand Hotel” there?

Seeing how nobody else has jumped in.

Best I can do is England? in the spring?

In summer.England.

Yes i know there are daffodils ??tonewuk2011-01-13 14:13:07

Is it a mill?