The "Where Am I?" thread

Guildford?

Think Guildford is close enough.
The layby, Near Wisley on the A3 just south of the M25 look on Google earth and you will see the lake and old airfield which was just though the trees.

[QUOTE=wits] Think Guildford is close enough.
The layby,  Near Wisley on the A3 just south of the M25 look on Google earth and you will see the lake and old airfield which was just though the trees.
  [/QUOTE]

Was the M25 there when that was taken?

I can remember, as a spotty youth, traveling from Oxford to Eastbourne on a Suzuki 100, looking for the M25 around Reigate.
My map showed the section, but I was reliably informed by the AA man I asked for directions that it hadn’t been built yet

Mind you, that was around 1975

Ok, here is one for you… Mrs Chris and I out and about on the 1100 Sport meeting with friends, but where?

Chris750s2011-02-01 16:31:58

Chris, is this one still going? Is it Grenoble or nearby?

No, not Grenoble and not nearby

Information centre, Builth Wells

Wrong country

I don`t think this is France although the car appears to have French plates.
This looks like the UK but the roof on the left does look mainland europe.

Sorry that is no help.

Steve

Its definitely France. The building gives it away as do the signs. (It looks like a municipal building.)

And two french plates in the car park.

Yes it is France, the buildings on the left and the others on the right through the trees on the other side of the river are more traditionally French than the one in the centre. I have no idea what the building in the centre is, it maybe a tourism building. We didn’t go to the town to visit it per se, but to meet up with friends who live near there for a spot of lunch.

You are heading in the right direction but still a long way off!

Ok it was taken in France, in Brittany, in a town on a river that just below a weir is tidal.

Give up

Normandy ?

Steve

Brittany, a small town called Chateaulin, near Douarnenez. Someone else have a go.

OK
Here is the Jackal parked up waiting to unload at a rally.
The question is in what country?, not the obvious answer.

Wales?

Holland?