This website.

Its just like the bikes…the website is …erm quirky. Tried and failed to spend some cash in the shop. Why no PayPal option ? And why do l have to fill in my details so many many times ??? Ill just wait for the magazine to arrive…lol…in hope

My dealer did my first ervice at 895 mikes…the service light came on at 900 and now stays on…Why oh why didnt they tell me to put another 5 miles on it before the service to stop this happening ? Yet another example of moto guzzi incompetence…

Your dealer can now reset this if you are passing bye.

1 Like

Welcome to the page and the forum.
The page isn’t intuitive and yet a little patience along with the help posts will pay off. Forum members such as Barry Conway will always step forward to help.
It would be worth contacting regalia@motoguzziclub.co.uk Chris is very tech savvy and proactive. He may be able to help.
Was the service light a Moto Guzzi problem or a dealer problem?

you can hardly blame Moto Guzzi for the dealer doing the service too early…

I took mine in too early at the 12k service and had to wait a bit extra this time for the light to come on before I took it in

however when the light came on after service last time I just took it back and it was reset in a couple of minutes, as simple as lifting the seat and connecting the PADS, pressing a button. no charge for that since I already paid for the service.

2 Likes

You must work with some very good car dealers😀
Hopefully it’s an unfortunate experience that will be outweighed by the joys of riding the bike and being part of the Guzzi community :+1::it::motorcycle:

2 Likes

I have owned Guzzis for about 40 years and one thing I have noticed about them all, new or old, is that they have odd quirks and failings. In these parts we laugh and describe those faults as character! I agree with Guzzibrat that the joys of riding them far outweighs any problems! Just consider the 85 mile ride to the dealer to get the service light reset as an oppotunity to go out for a ride and enjoy the trip, the return will be even better with the service light out! :+1:

4 Likes

The service interval is 900 miles. The service light came on at 900 miles. The dealer serviced the bike when you took it to him. At 895 miles.

2 Likes

I wanted to give you a thumbs up… :+1:

Yes…the dealer should have told me there was no permitted tolerance, or advised me to go around the block a few times, so dealer is at fault. Guzzi could’ve introduced a tolerance or made it clear that 900 miles should be achieved as a minimum…

How could the dealer be at fault when you took the bike to him early?

2 Likes

Oh dear… The dealer is at fault for not letting me know it had to be OVER 900 miles…any dealer worth their salt would’ve pointed out to an owner that the service HAD to be conducted at 900 miles as a minimum … slip shod careless servicing…

Trev, I’m sure he speaks very highly of you too. It is a quirk of the manufacturer’s product, I find it difficult to blame the dealer if he has not told you when the service light should comes on. At least you will now know now that you had best wait until the light comes on before you take it for a service.

Apart from not telling you exactly when to take the bike to him, did he give your bike and you good service?

With all due respect, in your service book does it tell you that the bike should have an 895 mile service or a 900 mile service? I rest my case.

2 Likes

Oh ! Chris…just my opinion…no case to answer…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

they do make it clear in the service interval stated and by the fact the light doesn’t come on untill the required milage.

2 Likes

Ok ok ok…l concede…silly me.

2 Likes