Topbox. Brown backrest?

My topbox arrived in dealers today. The pillion backrest is brown. Why? The bike seats are black. Does anyone have brown seats on their v100? Also no fitting kit, nuts, bolts, washers. Are you supposed to buy your own?
Box got left in dealers until I get an answer on brown backrest. Anyone shed any light on the subject?

i don’t have any definitive answers for you, but I do recall that one of the first V100 owners on the FB group (@gwensp ?) reported getting a lower seat (i think?) and then had a similar brown?! experience. if i’m remembering right, hopefully they can chime in with some insight.

Hi Triple3

its all a bit weird. The brown covering is a match for the seat on the green/silver V100S. I ordered a lower seat for my V100S and I got a black seat. It seems that Guzzi arent quite on the ball when it comes to seat coverings. I suspect that the luggage was designed with the green/silver S models what with the silver panels and your now reported brown seat back on top box. (Why they didnt do colour matching of the panels for red/white/black models is beyond me)
I think it would be worth talking to you dealer and see if Guzzi do actually do a black pad for the top box.

1 Like

Hi gwensp, after a few back and forth phone calls between dealer and Piaggio it seems you are correct, box is meant for green v100 with brown seats…which the dealer has been waiting on since launch! There is a black option and there should have been a fitting kit ( nuts, bolts etc) supplied as well. Box has been returned to Piaggio as apparently they don’t do a separate fitting kit!
Back to waiting…

i want a brown backrest for the v85tt topbox. I’ve seen aftermarket black ones but not brown.

what are the dimensions of the v100 backrest?

No idea mate. Never measured it and its been sent back to Piaggio because it was missing the fitting kit.