torque settings

I’ve got a new front disc to replace the warped one on my 2002 Cali EV. Can anyone advise the correct torque settings for the mounting bolts? Also, do I use loctite? If so, how does this effect the torque settings?

I don’t know about Guzzi, but a Buell forum I post on says the front disc bolts are use once items. If removed new ones have to be used, and loctited.

here y go

I found the list of settings these are for the V1000/G5/Convert/T3/Le Mans /850-1000cc bikes.

Bolts & Studs Cyl Head to Crankcase 29-30 ft lbs (4-4.2 kgm)

Spark Plugs 14-21 ft lbs…2-3kgm

Cap Screw oil mist recovery pipe (dia 12x1.5mm) 29 ft lbs
Self Locking nut con-rod caps securing bolts …33-34 ft lbs
Bolt rocker pin securing 4.2-4.5 ft lbs
Bolt flywheel to crankshaft 30 ft lbs
Nut gear to camshaft 108 ft lbs
Screws intake pipe 14 ft lbs
Cap screw oil delivery pipe to cyl head (8x1.25mm) 10.5-12 ft lbs
Nut front & rear engine securing studs to frame 57 ft lbs
Nut layshaft securing 115-130 ft lbs
Oil filler plug on gearbox and rear drive box 21 ft lbs
Oil level and drain plugs, gear box and rear drive box 18 ft lbs
Safety nut layshaft 50-57 ft lbs
Nut bearing to bevel pinion 130-145 ft lbs
Screw crown wheel to hollow spindle 29-30 ft lbs
Bolts cradle to frame securing 57 ft lbs
Nut cradle to frame securing screws 57 ft lbs
Cap nuts, swing arm spindle 57 ft lbs
Nuts drive box to swing arm 25 ft lbs
Top plugs front forks 87-108 ft lbs
Nut front and rear spindle 100-108 ft lbs
Bush steering lock 122-130 ft lbs

Standard settings…

6mm screws and nuts 4.5-8 ft lbs

8mm Screws and nuts 18-21 ft lbs

10mm screws and nuts 33-37 ft lbs

tttthats all folks I hope it may be of use to some one

NB 850 Dennis the tourque settings for the flywheel bolts are 30 ft lbs and they are high tension bolts

“The older I get, the better I was!”
Leics guzzibear2012-06-19 11:12:28

LOL now all you got to do is find an old torque wrench that is in ft lbs!!!

I do have one and a metric one

There’s a warning (hope not too late) that the torque settings are for WET threads!

the page 33 in the guzzi manual on greg benders site gives this info inc the kgm force The manual does not mention wet or for that matter dry tourque settings but I would always use coppergrease anyway an all threads unless a thread lock compound is specifically mentioned as on the altenator stator bolts miss that out at your peril ( Guess how I know!)

Interesting stuff.Does greasing a thread mean that it needs more torque? The grease can build up and resist the pressure applied.Tend to use nylocs on key areas like this.All the best,Steve

Where torque is for wet threads this means there will be room at the bottom of a blind hole for any surplus grease/locktight. Where specified dry there may not be and you could hydraulic enough to split an engine block. Just done the (dry) head bolts on a Volvo diesel head, 25 ft/lbs then 213 degrees angular torque, thought the car was going to spin round! Cheers, Gerry.

[QUOTE=Duffo]

Where torque is for wet threads this means there will be room at the bottom of a blind hole for any surplus grease/locktight. Where specified dry there may not be and you could hydraulic enough to split an engine block. Just done the (dry) head bolts on a Volvo diesel head, 25 ft/lbs then 213 degrees angular torque, thought the car was going to spin round!  Cheers, Gerry.[/QUOTE]

I hate it when they give degrees to torque,why not just a torque weight?

discs are the only thing I have ever used threadlock on, dont know why. Whats the odds on 5 or 6 bolts coming loose and you not noticing, and they will hit something before they fall out. Anyway, I have used a small dab of lock and just do em up.