TPS settings 15RC ECU on V11

We always called it finger trouble. Brian UK2012-08-02 16:28:51

If anybody is interested (which is doubtful), the answer to getting it to run sweetly was to close the air by-pass screws completely. That’s where I was going wrong.Then, with the TPS at 150mV base setting and 553mV using the left body idle stop only, it has enough air without the bypass screws. With them open even only half a turn, it wouldn’t tickover at less than around 2k and low speed running was all over the place. With them shut, sweet tickover around 1050rpm and good fuelling throughout.Sorted.

KenH2012-08-03 19:58:54

Thanks for the updste How do you get the tb’s balanced at idle with both air bleeds fully closed? Fair enough if they are balanced at idle and throughout the range but if not you need to back of the idle stop a little then balance using the air bleed.

I set the balance carefully just off idle around 1800rpm (as per "Micha’s Method’). They were still balanced closely at >3k. At idle, the difference was so slight I just left the bypass screws closed as per the Mandello Garage instructions - they reckon V11s generally work better with them closed (especially 15M ECU bikes). I think with these ECUs it’s a trade-off between good even running above 1500 rpm (which is better with the screws closed so they don’t interfere with the balance - which they will up to 3500rpm) and accept a slightly lumpier tickover. Although, that said, it seems to be ticking over smoothly enough so I’ll leave well alone.

KenH2012-08-03 22:05:37

I shall have to go and play now!