Travel insurance

Any suggestions for a decent travel insurance policy (not a bike policy) for a bike trip to Europe this year

1 Like

The Post Office used to do a good value one.

Don’t know how much now, but I use to use Europ Assistance

All Travel Products | Europ Assistance (europ-assistance.com)

I have just bought post office insurance. They seemed to be the best value on comparison sites

2 Likes

If you’re fit and well with no chronic conditions then Post Office is good. My son used it when working in France and it was used by a number of his colleagues.
If you’re not the epitome of health then AllClear are very good.

1 Like

Hi, perhaps surprisingly the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) does a fair policy - we are on our second full-annual one and it covers a great many sports and outdoor activities you can name plus a load I’ve never heard of. Motorcycling (not off-road) is in there. They do the same for short-term I think. I’m talking about a Europe-wide policy here, there are also Rest of World +/- North America. I’ve got another idea if this doesn’t work for you but will have to go back to the records for that!

I should also say that my experience of the PO was that it took almost a year and a full complaint procedure to settle on a relatively minor covid-related travel claim. Never again. Of course, they are just the brand - it’s the underwriters who operate the policy you have to watch out for.