V100 Touring Screen

Has anyone fitted a touring screen to their V100? And if so does it make a difference from the standard screen. Thanks

On its own, the Guzzi touring screen is a waste of money. Combine with a Chinese ā€œlipā€ and there is a welcome change.

There appear to be 2 aftermarket screens that are long enough to make a difference: the Puig Touring Screen and a CalSci long screen.

But AFAIK, there have been no reviews of either of these devices.

I have got the Guzzi touring screen with Chinese lip and can attest to its efficacy.

I am not, however, optimistic as to the long-term ability of the somewhat flimsy screen operating mechanism to cope with the excess loads imposed by the extra weight and wind loading of the aftermarket alternatives.

Iā€™ve fitted the powerbronze screen to mine, much better than the Guzzi version, I ride with the visor up quite comfortably at 50mph

I believe Givi do one as well which is quite well reported on elsewhere. Its what I am considering myself although given the electric up and down seems to be struggling a bit with the OEM touring screen im not sure yet.

I had an intermittent problem with mine at first, until I altered the settings in the menu, since the itā€™s worked fine.

1 Like

Can I ask what settings these were?

AFAIK, you can only alter the road speeds at which the screen will move (this is to avoid stressing the screen mechanism) so that the screen raise/lower cuts out at lower mph for taller screensā€¦

Thanks. Seem to remember that its set for less than 60 mph.

I fitted a Powerbronze screen to mine, for last yearā€™s European tour. It is a little taller than the standard screen, but quite a bit wider at the top. I canā€™t say that my helmet sits in still air, but it does take some pressure off my shoulders, which is welcome on a long run. I like the look of it, so left it on.

Actually, in the ā€˜Launcherā€™ configuration menus thereā€™s a setting to toggle between standard and touring screens. Iā€™m assuming this increases power to the servo for the bigger screen.
I canā€™t remember exactly where it is, but I think itā€™s in the ā€˜vehicleā€™ bit.

No - all it does is affect the road speed above which the screen will no longer move when the buttons are pressed.

The theory being that this speed is lower for the touring screen as opposed to the stock item.