v35 performance expectations

The V35’s are starting to collect quite a big following, a friend of mine who really has ‘Been there, done that’ on his many motorcycle travels (ok mainy on his BMW 850GS) runs a V35 as his day to day bike and rates them very high right now he is looking at upgrading the primary gearing to a more sensible one, while the idea of jumping on a big heavy Cali 1400 and setting off for the other side of the channel is apealing at times the idea of having a long ride on the UK’s back roads on a V35 is also worth thinking about.

I think this is the key!

I can only compare the V35 with my old Monza which could keep up with bigger Guzzis on the roads I enjoy. small bikes are vastly under-rated by the capacity-obsessed testosterone-dominated biking scene. The Mrs has one of those fabulous KTM 390 Dukes which are an absolute hoot to ride and a sensible weight, too. I think it’s because you can use full throttle a lot more than you can on the big stuff.

My RS125 two-stroke is quicker than any other bike I’ve ridden over a certain single carriageway road simply because it can carry so much speed into corners. I do have to back off a bit on that one, though

Jon

Well in a month I will be jumping on my lil’Breva and going across the channel again.

and good for you Sir, you will be back in time for the Pilgrims rally wont you? only because I do believe its my round.

Oh yes, ticket sent for and cheque banked.

I prefer a smaller motorcyclelast week mine fell ontop of me in the garage ( my mistake) but I could catch it and lift it back uptry that on a heavy bike

Years back a mate had his Gold Wing do that to him. He were a big strapping chap, 6’ 7" and 16 stone, yet still he was trapped, and no way was his mum going to be able to help lift it off. Can’t remember how he got out of it in the end.

I’ve heard of a bike falling off a (home made) bike lift onto it’s owner once. I guess he would have appreciated a lighter bike at that stage!

Perhaps the chap with the Goldwing could have sawn off a couple of limbs to get free himself. Maybe his mum could have reached saw from the tool box for him and brought a cup of tea at the same time?

Jon