V35 swing arm bolt.

Hi, can anyone tell me the size of the bolt holding the spindle on the swing arm rear right?

I will, but bare with me… Tue eve, ok?

1 Like

Not a worry. There’s loads to do and things to acquire yet.

Thinner part, OD15(to fit the bearing), length 11, then bigger part is a M20x1 thread ,25mm long. I was always making even spacing when fitting swingarm to gearbox, just recently noticed somebody pointing out that originally there was plastic spacer 35 21 43 00 on o/s to make wheel properly aligned. Unfortunately, I have no idea about its thickness! So, if you do alignment, n/s may stay with no gap at all.

1 Like

Sorry for your trouble but I’m referring to the bolt though the end of the swingarm that grips the spindle.

1 Like

Anything that fits, would be my call. Measure the hole diameter and subtract 1mm to 2mm that should give you the bolt diameter, pick one with a plain shaft not threaded up to the bolt head. For the length of the bolt measure the overall length of the hole and add 1.75 x the diameter to allow for washers and the nut, then pick the nearest available size. You can have a dome head nut if you like to make it look neater.

I use stainless steel it would be ok for this as it is not under a lot of tension.

Best wishes Chris

1 Like